Environmental Broking Team Leaders use their deep technical knowledge
and understanding of multifaceted risk programs to negotiate placement and coverage strategies
for the largest and most complex clients and prospects of Willis Towers Watson. They lead their
team to consistently help Producers and other colleagues win and retain clients, enhance revenues
and close pending business opportunities. Maintaining strong relationships with key carriers and
staying ahead of industry trends and risk mitigation strategies make them invaluable to our
clients. If you’re looking for an opportunity to bring your expertise to a globally recognized
firm and committed to helping carriers understand how they can help our clients drive superior
results for their firm, you should apply for this exciting position today.
Note that visa employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
Team Leaders perform a variety of high level and strategically focused tasks including but not limited to:
- Utilizing placement expertise to win and retain clients, enhance revenue and close pending business opportunities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with carriers and clients at senior management levels.
- Stimulating revenue growth and meeting business objectives by placing new business, improving retention rates, increasing commission rates
- Marketing new business opportunities, securing coverage to meet client needs, negotiating terms for major accounts and providing expertise for difficult to place business
- Supervising the review of renewal business for adequacy of coverage and competitive rates
- Developing new partner markets where needed locally and supporting nationally based relationships
- Participating with Account Teams in establishing overall placement strategy for accounts
- Assisting claims as technical coverage experts
- Facilitating M&A due diligence and placement opportunities
- Bachelor’s level degree in the field of Environmental, Science or Risk Management a plus
- Insurance Brokers License required
- Professional designations preferred
- 7+ years of environmental broking, underwriting, consulting or related experience
- Experience managing large clients (i.e. global presence etc.)
- Deep technical knowledge of Insurance Contracts and ability to manuscript coverage
- Experience leading / motivating teams, tracking workflow and developing / executing strategies a plus
- Full understanding of various insurance structures
- Knowledge of Global Marketplace including London & Bermuda
- Full knowledge of E&O Avoidance & Resolution
- Ability to solve more complex issues
- Strong negotiation & broker skills
- Strong client service orientation with ability to proactively understand client’s needs and present/implement solutions.
- Proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and producing quality deliverables on time and within budget
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills
- Team player who takes initiative, is resourceful and is self-motivated to continuous learning and development
- Computer skills which include proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, as well as navigation within the Internet