Operating in the global marketplace means multinational companies face a variety of different business, cultural, language and regulatory environments. Our Global Services and Solutions line of business helps these companies navigate the challenges of multi country complexity based on context knowledge of trends and innovative multi-client solutions. In particular, we help multinational companies develop global/cross-border solutions that meet the needs of both local and headquarter management in the design, establishment, financing, operation, oversight and monitoring of their compensation and benefit programs around the world. In doing so, we work closely with our local offices in other geographies, as well as subject matter experts in other segments.
As a Global Actuarial Consultant you will provide consulting advice and services to multinational companies concerning retirement as well as broader benefits and compensation issues for their operations globally. You will coordinate and manage multi-country projects (including annual global actuarial coordination projects), working closely with client headquarters, local country client contacts and local Willis Towers Watson consultants. You will serve as the project manager and day to day communication liaison with our clients, create client deliverables, contribute to client management and new business activities, and participate in the creation of new intellectual capital.
- Deliver superior, consistent project management on multi-country projects:
- Draft statements of work, project plans and budgets involving multiple workflow streams and client and consultant teams across geographic boundaries internationally
- Serve as the day to day project lead, ensuring the progress of the team against established objectives, budget, timeline, deliverables and quality standards
- Serve as primary, daily contact to clients located in headquarters as well as overseas offices concerning delivery of services, coordinating with Willis Towers Watson Consultants globally
- Manage client expectations and raise appropriate issues to Senior Consultants and Client Relationship Managers
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with client contacts through effective communication and efficient, quality execution of projects
- Provide value-added consulting expertise in global retirement plan valuation and design
- Participate in special projects including mergers and acquisitions, benefit plan strategy and design, plan management and governance strategy, and global financing and funding policies
- Perform technical check of work products including actuarial valuations, calculations and accounting results
- Contribute to the development of new tools and approaches, including monitoring and analysing economic conditions in major markets around the world and updating country profiles
- Meet revenue and billable hour goals as described by manager
- Support the generation of new business as part of the broader team
- Develop new business opportunities and enhance existing relationships
- Directly contribute to clients’ success through applying your technical expertise
- Serve as mentor to project team associates
- 7+ years of experience and demonstrated expertise in delivering defined benefit valuation, ASC 715 consolidation support and consulting services to multinational organizations is highly preferred, but will consider candidates with strong experience in other benefit practices.
- Experience working on global HR benefit programs and a demonstrated interest in international issues
- Proven experience successfully managing multiple projects and producing quality deliverables on time and within budget
- Strong client relationship, interpersonal and team skills
- A professional presence with polished and well developed oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter attitude and ability to work with ambiguity
- Flexibility and proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues
- Enjoys training/mentoring junior staff
- The ability to see the "big picture," leveraging the resources of related practices to address the clients' business challenges
- Working knowledge of Excel, MS Word
- Working knowledge of ASC 715 (formerly FAS87) and IAS19 preferred
- Availability to travel on an as needed basis
- BA/BS degree
- ASA designation required; significant progress toward FSA or equivalent qualification highly preferred.
- Experience living and working overseas and foreign language skills preferred