Explore an opportunity. As a Financial Analyst – Health and Benefits Analyst, you will work beside some of the industry’s top consultants while you progress toward becoming a thought leader of the future.
You will have immediate exposure to real client assignments which will draw on your imagination and creativity as well as your ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and present results. These experiences will help build your technical knowledge and overall industry expertise.
Love your work. You will partner with consultants to provide support on projects through:
Owning the analytics project cycle from start to finish.
Performing financial analyses, maintaining ongoing financial and utilization reports and dashboards, including developing pricing, creating employee contribution strategies, modeling plan design alternatives, and calculating reserves
Prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks via our Analytics Teams Workflow Process
Analyzing and comparing vendor products, services, and contracts
Designing, distributing, and evaluating responses to surveys and RFPs
Note: Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
- Maintain and cultivate client relationships at all levels, seeking to understand their human capital needs and articulating Willis Towers Watson’s employee value proposition, products, services and resources.
- Establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with limited supervision.
- Contribute to employee benefit strategy: Analyze employee benefit programs and make recommendations to improve effectiveness of clients’ employee benefits programs/design, policies and practices
- Assist in driving the renewal/marketing process including gathering vendor/client information, preparing and analyzing benchmark data, review financial & analytical deliverables, communicating trends to clients, developing RFP’s and client proposal and recommendations; etc.
- Contribute to the sales process for prospective clients including value proposition creation, RFP/proposal development, etc.
- Proactively advise clients and provide consistent client service to clients, resolving day-to-day issues (e.g. financial or utilization questions, eligibility, carrier coverage and claims issues, compliance; health care reform, HIPAA, etc.)
- Prepare for and facilitate client meetings
- Maintain and cultivate strong carrier relationships to enhance Willis Towers Watson’s position in the marketplace, including understanding and articulating current product offerings, trends and coverage options.
- Effectively utilize multiple vendor reporting systems and tools
- Bachelor’s level degree; Business, Math or Data Science Preferred
- Previous experience with SQL database and data query tools, reporting programs (e.g. Crystal Reports, Tableau, etc.) is preferred.
- Computer skills are required which include proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of health and welfare employee benefit plan design, insurance products, current trends and regulatory environment
- Strong client service orientation with ability to proactively understand client’s human capital needs and present/implement solutions
- Proven experience effectively managing multiple projects simultaneously and producing quality deliverables within provided timelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills
- Team player who takes initiative, is resourceful and is self-motivated to continuous learning and development
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills