As a Health and Benefits Financial Consultant, you will serve as the financial lead on multiple client assignments. Specifically, drawing from your deep understanding of plan design and the cost drivers behind it, you will serve as the expert around the financials of a particular plan, and drive the strategy around its design. You will have the opportunity to significantly grow your benefits acumen and, financial, client and business development skills working on cutting edge projects with industry leaders.
Note: Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
Strategize with Account Executive and others to identify client financial priorities for group medical, dental, life, vision and disability plans:
- Analyze underlying cost drivers, and proactively evaluate and recommend potential changes to mitigate trend or meet other business objectives; develop pricing and employee contribution strategies, model plan design alternatives, etc.
- Evaluate and recommend different financing options including self, fully insured and hybrid insured
- Manage the placement process including overseeing placement specialist in marketing of insurance; evaluate and recommend final selection
- Serve as trusted advisor to clients and serve as project manager on financial projects; ensure progress against timeline, deliverables, etc.
- Maintain and cultivate strong carrier relationships to enhance Willis Towers Watson’s position in the market place
- Support the generation of new business by participating in prospecting opportunities with new clients as part of a broader team
- Build relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
- Review analytical work, mentor and develop Analysts and Placement Specialists
- Comply with internal compliance and auditing requirements, including the preparation of the Compensation Disclosure for lines of coverage sought and received
- Contribute to the development of new intellectual capital
- Size and complexity of clients:
- Fully-insured and self-insured clients
- Typical size: 200 to 5,000 employees
- 5 - 7+ years’ experience and success in the financial elements of design/management of group health and benefits plans gained in a consulting or brokerage environment; alternatively, similar experience in a consultative role gained at a carrier or vendor
- Strong financial skills; prior experience in health and welfare product pricing, underwriting or valuation work strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success in managing client issues and relationships
- Desire and ability to expand relationships with current clients
- Polished and well developed oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter attitude and ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Flexibility and proven ability to identify and resolve issues
- Strong analytical, creative and integrative skills
- Experience in training/mentoring junior staff
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint
- Availability to travel on an as needed basis
- State Life and Health license required within 90 days of joining
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with significant quantitative course work