Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
Targeted locations are: Atlanta, Chicago, Metro DC and NY, and Birmingham/Mobile.
Create a career that goes in the
direction you choose. Get to know opportunity.
Our Health and Benefits business helps large and mid-size clients control rising health and welfare plan costs, improve health outcomes and promote employee engagement through broad-based, state-of-the-art interventions. We provide solutions encompassing creative plan designs, vendor evaluation and management, pricing and funding strategies, data analytics, calculating the value of benefits plans, and legal compliance and governance strategies. We also provide specialty consulting services including clinical/health management program design, pharmacy drug benefit solutions, disability/absence management strategies and claims audit services. Product based solutions such as our pharmacy purchasing coalition round out our broad-based suite of offerings.
Create your future. This rotational experience will help build your technical knowledge and overall industry expertise and prepare a strong foundation for success across multiple potential career paths. As a Health and Benefits Analyst in our Immersion Program you will work beside some of the industry’s top consultants while you progress toward becoming a thought leader of the future. You will have exposure to real client assignments which will exercise your ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and present results. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to draw on your imagination and creativity in group work, exclusively designed for you and your rotation peers.
The Role. Over 18 months, you will have the opportunity to work in 3 distinct rotations, performing hands-on work across multiple disciplines:
Rotation 1: Data and Analytics
• Conducting benchmarking studies and other research; providing value added analyses and summaries
• Preparing cyclical financial reporting packages
• Delivering accurate and reliable claim reporting and financial modeling tools used to drive client decisions
Rotation 2: Financial Consulting
• Performing financial analyses for our clients, including developing pricing for benefits plans, creating employee contribution strategies, modelling plan design alternatives, and calculating reserves
Rotation 3: Vendor Procurement Management
• Analyzing and comparing vendor products, services, and contracts
• Designing, distributing, and evaluating responses to Requests for Proposal (RFPs)
• Working with external carrier and vendor partners
Projects throughout the rotations
• Engaging with WTW practice leaders and subject matter experts
• Participating in projects and/or case studies with fellow program peers to exercise teamwork, coordination, and critical thinking skills
• Increasing efficiency within client teams by identifying ways to improve processes
• Additional client projects and support as needed
□ Bachelor’s degree with demonstrable and significant quantitative course work with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
□ Prior internship or other work experience demonstrating increasing levels of complex work and autonomy
□ Passion for solving problems and sharing solutions to exceed client standards
□ Resourceful and creative
□ Spirit of inquiry
□ Sense of accountability; owning one’s work and taking pride in it
□ Thrives in a fast-paced, client-oriented environment
□ Ability to be a self-starter and to work independently, but also cooperatively in a close team environment
□ Excellent oral and written communication skills
□ Proficiency in MS Office with an aptitude for MS Excel