At Willis Towers Watson we provide a nurse led medical helpline claims management service to our clients. This is a telephone service, speaking to patients and providing nursing support throughout their treatment, whether through the NHS or through private medical insurance.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse who enjoys new challenges to join our organisation and dynamic team of nurses, where training is provided with core hours between 8am-6pm Monday to Friday. Ideally we are looking for a mental health nurse or general nurse with mental health experience, who will speak to our patients with mental health problems and manage their medical claims plus absence case management cases.
Principal Accountabilities / Key Tasks:
- To adhere to the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Code of Professional Conduct and meet continuous professional development requirements for registration on the professional register.
- To provide clinically appropriate telephone advice and counselling according to agreed protocols.
- To provide pre-authorization of treatment and benefit advice for claimants.
- To endeavor to make savings for clients either through use of NHS or through negotiation with providers.
- To advise the Healthcare Concierge or Nurse Manager as soon as is practical when a complaint is received.
- To assist the sales team in the retention of clients and promotion of Willis Towers Watson’s service and values
- To visit members/patients in hospital or at home in accordance with the agreed protocol.
- To provide case studies and other relevant information for quarterly reports as requested by the Admin Team/Reports Team, subject to patient confidentiality guidelines.
- To develop and maintain a relationship with the clients to ensure they are aware of high claims, problems with claimants and trends in workplace illness.
- Valid NMC Registration
- Broad knowledge of medical and surgical conditions including up to date treatment/healthcare policy
- Compliant with data protection and patient confidentiality
- Substantial post registration experience
- Accuracy in verbal and written communication
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Have a polite, professional telephone manner
- Ability to work with minimum supervision as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills – liaising with clients and insurers
- Good clinical skills and knowledge
- Work experience within a private healthcare setting.
- Special area of expertise
- Health insurance qualification
- Varied work experience in a clinical setting, Mental Health/ Counselling skills are an advantage
- Willing to undertake further training to develop the Managed Care service
Equal Opportunity Employer