Great opportunity to join us as a HR Business Partner (HRBP) working strategically with the business. This position plays an essential role in partnering with business leaders to support the business strategy and growth through the successful delivery of the HR agenda.
This role will partner with the Corporate Risk and Broking (CRB) which has a population of c.12,000 people globally and whose revenue is primarily driven from providing a broad range of risk advice and insurance broking services to clients ranging from small businesses to multinational corporations. Specifically, this role will work with the Financial Solutions and FINEX lines of business as well as Risk & Analytics and Broking.
This role will involve working closely with the HR Centres of Expertise (COEs) and the HR Global Services to manage employee relations, HR operations, organisational effectiveness, performance management, talent development and total rewards whilst ensuring seamless delivery to the client. The role encourages the identification of HR best practices and on-going process improvement across GB whilst linking in with Global HR counterparts on a regular basis, particularly Talent Advisory.
- To put the interests of clients and the integrity of the market at the heart of the way you do business
- Role model for the delivery of HR services through the HR operating model and a strong performance culture in local jurisdiction/country
Employee Relations and Organisational Effectiveness
- Work closely with function heads to determine and action future organisational structures including assisting with managing change and uncertainty in conjunction with Talent Advisory
- Serve as a trusted business partner to business leaders and managers working to advise on and promote initiatives to support business growth whilst also taking a balanced approach to managing risk
- Assist managers in addressing performance issues; provide guidance on effective coaching and counselling. Where necessary work with managers to outline appropriate counselling, disciplinary steps and possible outcomes. Ensure appropriate actions are taken in cases of involuntary termination
- Work closely with business leaders and managers to identify and correct high-turnover situations leveraging the support of the COEs as required
- Serve as a resource to colleagues and local leaders in facilitating the resolution of internal issues and conflicts
- Serve as a local resource on work/life balance issues; coordinate with managers on alternative work arrangements and lead best place to work initiatives
- Ensure consistent and effective application of human resources policy, processes and programmes across the LOB, demonstrating a thorough understanding of relevant employment law
- Collaborate with other Regional HR Delivery teams and with Global HR Operations, Talent Advisors and Centres of Excellence to provide seamless colleague experience utilizing the technology enabled tiered HR support model and global processes.
- Give support to COEs to implement HR services, identifying and handling exceptions specific to country, and providing input to initiatives/process that includes the communication and engagement requirements. Where applicable, ensure that benefit programs are administered and maintained in accordance with the company benefits governance processes. Undertake activities related to global mobility services, supporting the COE to achieve a streamline process for the assignee/transferee and the managers.
- Handle employee relations individual cases (as well as collective consultation), providing guidance to colleague and to people manager to ensure successful outcomes that balance risk and business cost. Ensure adherence to unique jurisdictional requirements and monitor issues for continuous improvement of employment practices and/or processes
- Ensure that HR delivery activity complies with all company employment practices and applicable country/jurisdiction laws and regulations; for business as usual and for integration/harmonization subsequent to any merger/acquisition/transfer of undertaking. Ensure that inclusion and diversity is promoted and underpins all HR service delivery.
Performance and Talent Development
- Work in partnership with the regional Talent team to support the Talent agenda
- Work with function heads to champion the performance review process including: reinforce the objectives and expected outcomes of the process, train new hires, facilitating all phases of on-going communication and follow-up training as needed
- Act as a resource for leaders to ensure that year-end performance review meetings are conducted in a timely and effective manner
- Work with Talent Advisory to support identification and development of high potential colleagues, conduct annual training needs analysis, identifying appropriate training (re)sources – including links to core curriculum, conduct training where appropriate
- Support the implementation of inclusion and diversity strategy and initiatives in-country; initiated for Willis Towers Watson globally and by the business locally.
- Work effectively with immediate colleagues and across the broader HR EMEA and Global team. Key HR contacts include HR Service Delivery (HRSD), LOB and Country based HR Partners and COE Leads for EMEA.
- Manage the relationship with Works Councils (where applicable) and other representative bodies where applicable, advising local leadership as needed. This includes the establishment of priorities and objectives in conjunction with leadership. Lead any statutory notifications and reporting as required to ensure ongoing local compliance.
- Where responsible for other HR Advisers, ensure these colleagues are coached and provided with access to tools, training and information to enable excellent service execution and their own personal development.
Manage and oversee multiple HR operational processes including:
- Oversee internal movement of colleagues, including transfers/relocations and promotions
- Seek advice from internal and external legal advisers as needed
- Ensure effective and timely internal communication on HR programs, organisation issues, and initiatives as well as proactively contributing to the development of these initiatives and providing on-going, actionable assessments of their effectiveness
- Ensure consistent and effective application of human resources processes and programs including annual salary review, bonus, performance reviews, level change procedure etc.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of HR policies and procedures
- Assist the LOB leaders with developing and implementing the Inclusion and Diversity strategy and providing support to these initiatives along with analysis and reporting to monitor progress against objectives
- Ensure compliance with country/jurisdiction laws and regulations for business as usual and for integration/ harmonization subsequent to any merger/acquisition/transfer of undertaking.
- Liaise with the Compensation and Benefits teams and provide oversight of Reward programs.
- Oversee the annual salary, bonus and level change procedures
- Assist managers and leaders in compensation and level determinations and related communications to required governance standards
- Coordinate with the Compensation and Benefits teams to provide data and advice relating to competitiveness of Reward offering – salary range development, market benchmarking etc.
- Work with function heads to meet any synergy saving targets identified through restructuring as required
- Ensure a good understanding of LOB and regional financial performance and utilise this in devising HR plans and programmes
- Utilise reporting and HR data analysis to drive business performance, manage employment costs and associated issues.
- Bachelors degree in HR or related area would be an advantage
- MCIPD or studying towards this or an equivalent qualification would be an advantage
- A proven track record as a business partner providing a commercially focused, pragmatic and added value HR partnering service to senior management, preferably within a professional services environment that has undergone change
- Prior experience of working as a HRBP within a professional or financial services organisation would be an advantage
- Strong evidence of partnering with senior business leaders on employee relation issues and effectively influencing them is essential
- Experience of managing restructure projects and change management initiatives would be an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with colleagues at all levels
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage competing and rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to work independently and operate well in a team
- Understanding and experience of operating in an international matrix environment
- Experience of working with COEs and Shared Services
What can we offer you?
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including; pension scheme, life insurance, medical insurance, eye care vouchers and flexible benefits including critical illness cover, dental cover, additional life assurance, retail vouchers and many other options and Corporate deals.
Equal Opportunity Employer