This position is responsible for reviewing, analyzing and assessing carrier/broker documentation as it relates to processing insurance billings using the online accounting system. The role is also responsible for providing customer service to field offices, clients and carriers to solve and deliver billing related needs.
Note that visa employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
• Review, analyze and assess carrier/broker documentation as it relates to
processing insurance billings, including endorsements, audits, cancellations, extensions, new
accounts, renewals, reports and fees
• Attend pre-renewal meetings and process special handling and complex bills
• Record, store, and maintain accounting information in either written form or by electronic filing system.
• Research account information to complete accounting activities related to billing and communicate that information to field offices, clients or carriers as needed
• May generate reports, other records, handle paperwork and perform day-to-day administrative tasks such as performing quality checks on other billers, answer the billing hotline, and monitoring and responding to emails in Outlook
• Monitor and complete activities in Epic and Communicate with the Field Office on billing activities that are unclear
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Some college accounting/management courses preferred
• Insurance billing experience preferred
• Know and demonstrate accounting and bookkeeping principles and practices
• Ability to navigate administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing systems, filing and records management systems, and other office procedures and terminology
• Ability to demonstrate strong customer service skills and professional communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to identify and find essential information and then structure or classify multiple pieces of that information to deliver effective problem solving and execution of tasks
• Ability to read and understand work related documents as well as perform basic mathematical functions using a calculator or computer
• The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to come up with logical answers.
• The ability to focus/concentrate to deliver expected work products, even while performing a task over a period of time
• Ability to work well in a team and work effectively under stress or time constraint