The Surety Client Services Specialist performs the essential functions related to the servicing and retention of commercial surety accounts. These associates are integral members of our account management teams who proactively obtain, compile and follow up on information critical to providing exceptional consulting, placement and advocacy for Willis Tower Watson clients and prospects. Our associates are also representatives of Willis Towers Watson in their assigned markets and are expected to honor our reputation and values. These responsibilities are carried out in conjunction with the producers, support staff, and other counterparts within our Surety Practice. Attention to Willis Towers Watson service standards related to quality, attention to detail and timeliness are paramount to all our team members’ success.
In this role, you will represent the surety team by demonstrating expertise, decision making skills and comprehensive business knowledge.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ability to place new client business with markets and establish client’s bond program, when necessary
- Manage day-to-day needs for clients, including bond requests, billing issues, bond close-outs with the support of the service team
- Ability to understand and interpret the information presented in a bond request
- Ability to quickly and accurately enter data from a bond request into submissions for the processing center.
- Manage and/or process renewals, cancellations/closures, and riders
- Assist with resolution of client/carrier accounting issues
- Prepare and submit billings.
- Responsible for representing our clients’ best interests with the surety market.
- Responds to internal and external clients’ needs and questions relating to account bond program.
- Communicates with underwriters on status of account or individual bond approvals.
- Support other surety offices as needed or assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Participate in internal and external meetings
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Excellent comprehensive problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Ability to follow-through with assigned projects
- Ability to guide clients through a hard surety market
- Appropriate licenses as dictated by state law required within 60 days of employment
- Strong customer service, presentation and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- 1-2+ years insurance industry experience related to servicing accounts is a plus
- Experience working with Surety, including in an insurance brokerage environment a plus
- Experience working with Epic and Sure Path a plus
- Ability to travel 5%
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability