Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 countries.
We design and deliver solutions that manage
risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to
protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective
allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas "EUR"
the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
The operations and technology organization at Willis Towers Watson is responsible for managing and driving the strategy for technology, business operations, enterprise architecture, real estate and workplace services, corporate data and the program management for our support services transformation programs.
The roles will support systems based primarily in HK but there will also be opportunities to work on similar systems in the UK. The roles will be responsible for the support and management of internal Unix, Linux & Oracle systems; to develop and deliver ongoing capabilities and functionality to meet ongoing business demand, including:
- As part of a team, be responsible for maintaining consistency of service for the Unix, Linux and Oracle systems that primarily support the TAS business in the HK and EMEA regions
- Ensure consistent processes and reporting align with IT standards and fulfil wider IT governance requirements
- Responsible for the support and development of Linux based platforms across the business ( including scripting and administration)
- Responsible for the implementation of new TAS client environments in line with business growth and expansion
- Continued development of an OS and DB upgrade program including planning and testing
- Support of critical file transfer services
- Responsible for translating management information requests in to reports at a system level (administration and scripting as required)
- Upgrading and maintaining the Sage accounting system
- Provide knowledge and skill in the support of Sage Accounts, Crystal Reports, Jive and other applications to interface and integrate with TAS core systems
- Responsible for the IBM AIX platform "EUR" support of virtual LPAR environments including scripting and administration
- Maintaining interoperability between core AIX systems, SAN storage and peripheral services
- Responsibility and management of systems backup and recovery
- Update and completion of contractual annual DR tests
- If required, support wider technologies that TAS may need as their systems and applications continue to evolve, e.g. SQL & IIS (relevant training would be provided)
ITIL framework to Foundation level,
- Demonstrate ownership of high priority incidents, actively driving them forward to resolution. Maintain a good level of communication with the Service Management/Delivery teams whilst dealing with high priority incidents.
- Good call management approach. Logging relevant requests for work or support, updating Service Desk tickets and closing them in a timely fashion within the SLA targets set.
- Pro-active approach to Problem Management, looking for the underlying cause of high priority incidents and suggesting improvements to prevent a recurrence.
- Compliance to the TW technical Change Control policy, suggesting improvements where possible. Creation of standard templates whenever possible to save time/effort.
- Adherence to EMEA Datacenters Availability targets for our servers and services.
- Ensure there are clear written process documents for any regular maintenance or housekeeping activities used in your daily work. Look for the opportunity to create "Standard Offerings" and drive the creation of the documentation
- Monitoring "EUR" Use WTW standard tools to provide:
- Immediate notification a service fails (Availability Management)
- Monthly service availability figures for the servers and service (Service Level Management)
- Capacity management metrics
- Dashboard view of the Unix/Linux environment to be used by the EMEA DC Operations team and the Out of Hours service
- Use of personal judgment to provide solid solutions
- Ability to work under pressure to daily transactions involving large sums of money
- Demonstrable breadth of experience in multi technology disciplines
- Problem solving, using tools and experience to, assess, diagnose and resolve problems
- Results orientated, giving regular feedback to management on the decisions made and status of ongoing work packages and projects
- Flexible approach:
- Out of Hours working
- Joining a team ON-CALL Rota
- Spending time in the UK as necessary
- Experienced Oracle DBA "EUR" 10 years plus experience in a financial environment, for senior role, less for junior.
- Multiple Oracle environments on AIX / Linux platforms,
- Oracle DB 9i, 10, 11 and 12c "EUR" (migration & cross version support)
- Oracle BI, Oracle OHS, Oracle WLS, Oracle VM, upgrade and interoperability
- Oracle EM 12c
- SQL and PL/SQL
- FRA, Flashback, Archiving
- Technical competence "EUR" proven technical skills and experience on inter system operability
- AIX system management
- Red Hat system management
- System / Software management AIX and Red Hat
- Shell scripting
- Perl / Python
- SAN storage
- Manage backups / restores
- Interface with Oracle RMAN and recovery mechanisms
- Secure Transport
- Multiple, complex and high volume environment
- Resilient infrastructure
- Automated DR
- Multiple complex automated interfaces
- Knowledge of interface to UK Banking environments
- Commercial standards and practices
- Commercial Web Systems "EUR" Banking standards
- Resilient infrastructure design.
- Security practices
- Provision and load management
- DR / BCP procedures
- Business knowledge of Pensions industry
- Resilient infrastructure
- Automated DR
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Towers Watson are considered property of Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.