As an Analyst within our industry-leading Employee Insights practice, you will
work beside some of the industry’s top consultants, developing your skills and
technical knowledge, while delivering creative, cutting-edge solutions to real business
issues. You will have immediate exposure to challenging client
assignments that draw on your ability to analyze information and develop conclusions;
demonstrate imagination and creativity; and deliver innovative solutions to key talent
management, organization design, human capital and other related business challenges.
If you are interested, please apply now!
This role is our entry level consulting position. It will provide you with broad exposure to the process of delivering client projects - a foundation upon which to grow. You will support projects by ensuring project processes are consistent, timely and of the highest quality. You will have immediate exposure to real client assignments and gain experiences will help build your technical knowledge and overall industry expertise while you benefit from more structured learning interventions that are tailored to the business area you join.
Over time and as you gain more expertise, you will become a key contact for clients, taking on larger roles within the team.
- Partner with senior colleagues to develop and implement advanced analytics and leading-edge technology to deliver insights to our clients in areas such as leadership alignment and performance, rewards optimization, culture alignment, workforce well-being, safety, risk orientation and engagement
- Provide actionable insights on improving employee engagement, shaping a high-performance culture and achieving optimal returns on talent and program investments
- Develop technical knowledge and skills across a variety of industries and human capital areas
- Assist with design, production, and presentation of materials for clients. This may include presentation formatting, graphic design support, proofreading client work, scheduling meetings, answering client inquiries, etc.
- Act as liaison with internal support staff and the client to ensure data and materials are transmitted accurately, deadlines are clear, meetings are scheduled, and communication is consistent
- Contribute to new business development by drafting statements of work, project plans and budgets
- Contribute to the development of intellectual capital, new tools and approaches
- For survey projects:
- coordinate production of surveys;
- track survey response rates for clients;
- coordinate survey question hotline and/or email box
- verify the accuracy of raw data and raise concerns or questions as appropriate;
- ensure accuracy of survey data;
- learn how to read survey report data and understand the final results delivered to clients;
- respond promptly to client requests for assistance or additional information.
- Liaise with technical or support teams to ensure successful handoff of tasks between departments and that all tasks are accomplished on time and in concert with affiliated responsibilities
- Masters degree in industrial and organizational psychology or a related major
- Minimun 3 years of experience in similar positions
- High Excel level (mandatory)
- High English Level
- Prior organizational development and organizational change experience a plus
- Ability to draw on a combination of advanced analytics and leading-edge technology to deliver insights to clients
- A professional presence with strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to recognize and diagnose issues, work in teams, and leverage the resources of other related practices to address client challenges
- Ability to draw conclusions from data in a logical, systematic way
- Strong project management, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of agile principles and design thinking
- Technical savvy and comfort using the Microsoft Office Suite (MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Access), with very strong skills in MS Excel
- Availability to travel on an as-needed basis
We can't wait to hear your story!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Willis Towers Watson is committed to finding opportunities to foster flexibility in the workplace, whenever business and client demands allow. We are delighted that this opportunity meets the criteria for flexible working. For specific details, please discuss with your Recruiter.