We are looking for a junior data engineer to join our enterprise data engineering team. As a member of the data engineering team, you will build mission-critical data pipelines that are 'single source of truth' for enterprise analytics. You will contribute to building a modern data warehouse solution while collaborating closely with the Business Analytics and Data Science team. You will be among the earliest adopters of bleeding-edge cloud based data technologies.
As a junior data engineer you will be:
- Using Python, SQL to build on the infrastructure required to optimize the extraction, transformation, and loading of data
- Building upon existing data architecture in order to support internal and external applications
- Collaborating with business analytics and data science teams to optimize their reports in IBM Cognos/Power BI
- Working in a remote setting with virtual team meetings on a regular basis
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, database or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience. High School diploma required.
- 2+ years of Python scripting experience
- Experience with data infrastructure and ETL programming or tools
- Proficiency with SQL
- Experience with SQL Server or Oracle
- Strong programming and algorithmic skills
- Awesome verbal and written communication experience
- Experience in writing Big Data pipelines and implementation
- Experience with data processing (such as Hadoop, Spark, Databricks etc.)
- Other programming languages such as R, Scala, Java