As part of the Benelux Finance team, based in Amstelveen, you will contribute to support local accounting operations for some entities in The Netherlands and Belgium. The main responsibilities for this role will be managing the daily accounting operations, entering journals and balance sheet reconciliations, supporting the accounts payable process and you will be in contact with various departments such as our Shared Service Centers in Manila.
You will contribute to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all
financial tasks and accounting. Your focus will be Legacy Towers Watson Benelux.
- Manage all accounting operations including Accounts Payable (A/P), Accounts Receivable (A/R), General Ledger, Cost Accounting, Fixed assets, bank transactions and Revenue Recognition;
- Support month-end and year-end close process;
- General Ledger reconciliation of balance sheet accounts;
- Support A/P booking, quality control and payments process;
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting;
- Support the preparation of regulatory reporting (e.g. Statutory reporting);
- Prepare, review and submit Quarterly VAT;
- Issue timely and complete financial statements;
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit with the approved external auditor;
- Proven work experience as a General ledger accountant;
- Some overall combined accounting and finance experience required (AR, AP and GL);
- Degree in Accounting, preferable Bachelor or business administration HBO/MBO+);
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures (NL GAAP/ IFRS / US GAAP);
- Knowledge of internal control principles;
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process;
- Excellent computer and accounting software skills, in particular Microsoft Excel, Word, Oracle or SUN;
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills to evaluate alternatives and provide recommendations on business issues;
- Well-developed written and spoken communications skills (in Dutch and English);
- Ability to work in a high performing team environment;
- Flexible work attitude.
Equal Opportunity Employer