Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com
Employment-based non-immigration visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
We’re looking a Lead Software Engineer. Generally, this role is expected to be able to effectively collaborate with product / project stakeholders, team members, and other teams to develop and deliver new features for our applications. Effective communications are a key, particularly when it comes to forming questions around how a feature is supposed to work and communicating back the pros and cons of various solutions.
Our senior engineers are drivers; they help us move our teams and projects forward. They are passionate about optimizing our codebase and processes for performance, sustainability, quality, etc. They bake non-functional considerations into their work and avoid shortcuts. They’re role models on the team and help steer our technical roadmaps. They work collaboratively in our teams, consider others’ opinions, mentor colleagues, and share their expertise.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience developing software, with an
established track record of having lead development efforts required.
• Solid experience with OOP and approaches to software design required
• Experience with ASP.NET, Express, or other web application frameworks required
• Experience with SQL Server, MySQL, Redis, MongoDB, or other database technologies required
• Experience with DevOps activities such as CI / CD pipeline development and maintenance, release ownership, production troubleshooting, etc.
• Experience participating in technical approach reviews
• Experience conducting code reviews
• Experience with automated testing. Specific technologies aren’t necessarily important but buy-in to the general concept is.
• Familiarity with cloud development and architecture
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
• Familiar with API design, service-oriented architecture (SOA) and messaging patterns
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related field highly desired; High School diploma required