The Performance/Load Test Engineer role will work within the H&B Technology Quality Assurance group and serve as an integral member of a global agile product development team to deliver products and solutions to our internal and external clients. You will be responsible for ensuring the systems and applications are tested according to technical specifications and performance quality standards. You will develop and integrate high quality automated performance tests for products built on the latest software architecture platforms; you will be part of a forward thinking and technology focused Quality Assurance team that seeks to leverage and develop advanced capabilities in the area of performance testing.
- Work with the scrum teams in identifying non-functional requirements/performance criteria to define appropriate performance test strategies and tests needed for both near term and long term
- Be the liaison between the QA team and Product Owners to help them understand the performance results
- Define and create the performance/load test plans and offer input into the strategic plans and roadmap for performance testing
- Create high quality, reliable and reusable performance tests from non-functional requirements and performance quality standards to help improve the team’s capabilities in this area of testing
- Conduct effective load/performance tests using JMeter and/or other tools. Measure, analyze and evaluate performance/load results; establish benchmarks and provide summary reports and recommendations as necessary
- Investigate new testing technologies and methodologies to continuously expand and improve product test coverage - supports continuous process improvements
- Participate in defect review process and continue to identify improvements early detection of client production issues related to performance
- Advocate improving performance quality standards and processes during all stages of software development
- Serve as a champion of performance and load testing, and help support the QA group with knowledge sharing sessions, lunch & learns, brown bag sessions and other learning sessions
- Understands and applies current software test methodologies
- Developing effective professional relationships with project managers, business analysts, development staff, and team leads along with corporate technology team members, as needed
- 8+ years of experience working on a QA/Test team with at least 5+ years of experience working with performance/load testing tools (Visual Studio, JMeter, etc.). Experience in performance testing for a wide range of application environments and protocols.
- Experience working with Visual Studio Team Services / Azure Dev Ops
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of SDLC process and experience in Agile/Scrum framework
- Applied knowledge and experienced with performance testing categories such as, but not limited to stress, load, endurance, volume, and scalability testing.
- General database knowledge, and experience in writing SQL queries. Advanced SQL query experience is a plus.
- Experienced with creating performance test scenarios from non-functional requirements and/or User Stories
- Experienced with creating and implementing strategic roadmap for load testing; design standards, tools, architecture
- Experienced working and proactively collaborates with globally distributed development teams and business stakeholders, seeking out information/solution from the appropriate channel/s as necessary
- Excellent organization skills, multitasking ability, manages time effectively by placing the right focus on value adding operations
- Proven abilities to work under pressure with strict deadlines
- Adept and able to summarize results to both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Understanding of test data management strategies to help Performance Testing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Equal Opportunity Employer