Our Individual Marketplace for Medicare-eligible retirees helps retirees transition from a group health plan to an individual Medicare plan chosen through our Individual Marketplace. This solution helps future-proof retiree health care benefits by enabling employers and plan sponsors to lower Other Post-Employment Benefits (OPEB) liabilities while still honoring retiree health care commitments.
Primary accountabilities will be leading our member post-initial enrollment marketing processes and development and execution of our overall ancillary product strategy. You will have profit and loss (P&L) ownership for our marketing efforts and ultimate responsibility for identification of internal ‘leads,’ member messaging, agent sales tactics and resource utilization. You will develop, execute upon and continually refine a strategy that delivers benefits to our members, clients, carrier partners and bottom line. Increasing use of our technology capabilities is an integral part of the role.
This leader will also develop a viable and scalable ancillary product strategy covering both our pre- and post-65 populations. This requires a strong understanding of our members, clients and carrier partners as well as the external market. You will work with our carrier team and carrier partners to develop and manage the appropriate product supply. Additionally, you will need to collaborate with product, technology and operations to develop requirements, then identify and deploy a flexible and efficient distribution platform for ancillary products.
To achieve financial objectives, you will collaborate with sales, carrier, client services, recruiting, onboarding, licensing, communications, product, technology and training to anticipate and resolve issues and seek out opportunities to drive new solutions and enhancements to strategies and programs.
This role requires strong leadership capabilities combined with an entrepreneurial mindset, superior analytical skills and a data-driven approach. Exceptional relationship building and communication skills are critical to the success of this role. This is particularly true with the ancillary strategy as you will be working with the other vertical leaders to drive execution of our ancillary strategy into their businesses.
You must have the ability to be both strategic and detailed in execution, simultaneously focusing on near term execution and a constantly evolving plan for improvement. A willingness to make things happen while ensuring follow through with key stakeholders throughout the organization is critical to success in this role.
What you need to be successful:
• To be curious, proactive and self-motivated
• Detail oriented, highly organized and analytically focused
• Comfortable being accountable for delivering results
• Be comfortable managing others to accomplish numerous aspects of the work and to hold others within the organization to account; know when to take on the work and where to leverage partners in the organization
• Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders in a highly professional manner
• An understanding of our sales & telephony platforms and the diligence to develop appropriate requirements to meet the needs of the vertical
• Willingness to own P&L results, i.e. financial planning for budgets and forecasts and alter direction/plans to improve P&L results
• Enjoy a fast-paced environment and willing to work hard and have fun!
• Resourceful self-starter who thrives on the freedom and accountability that
comes with leading your portion of the business
• Ability to identify opportunities, successes, and failures quickly and act upon them in a thoughtful manner; continually iterating the solution based on customer and market data
• Good communication is at the core of everything we do, and you must be a strong communicator able to speak to a wide range of stakeholders and team members
• Track record of proven results
• 5+ years insurance experience of which at least 2 years with ancillary strategic and delivery experience