Corporate Risk & Broking
We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
An Associate Broker in the Middle Market group is responsible for broking activity on all lines of Property and Casualty coverage within the team. In addition to assisting with placement activity, responsibilities will include coordinating deadlines for internal /external colleagues and clients. This individual will utilize their expertise to help enhance results for the team. If you’re looking to join a growing organization with unlimited growth potential, t this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Note that visa employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
The Associate Broker is responsible for preparing and submitting business to our carrier partners, following-up for quotes, and for providing analytics for key accounts. In this role, you will also be responsible for coordinating internal strategy meetings.
- Gather information and analytics to assess and evaluate client risks in order to support the placement of client risks into the market.
- With support of more experienced brokers, develop client and prospect presentations to secure new, and build on existing, relationships.
- Research market solutions to learn how to identify and develop optimum risk solutions for clients.
- Ensure that quality and compliance procedures and processes are adhered to.
- Execute straightforward new business placement, renewals and simple alterations of existing cover, under supervision.
- Record and maintain all information accurately on the appropriate systems.
- Work closely with associates from other departments that support the broking process (e.g., analytics).
- Build technical skills by satisfactorily completing basic and intermediate training courses as required.
- Prepare draft submission documents and finalize submissions for delivery.
- Review quotes against specifications and develop side-by side comparisons.
- Prepare program proposals.
- Review program binders for accuracy against quotes and complete file reviews.
- Insurance broker's license required, or ability to obtain one within 3 months of hire
- College degree
- Ability to communicate clearly with others, through email, phone and in person
- Customer service background preferred.
- Some insurance knowledge a plus.