Senior Brokers use their deep technical knowledge and understanding of complex risk programs to negotiate placement and coverage strategies for the largest and most complex clients and prospects of Willis Towers Watson. They consistently help Client Executives and other team members win and retain clients, enhance revenues and close pending business opportunities. Maintaining strong relationships with key carriers and staying ahead of industry trends and risk mitigation strategies make them invaluable to our clients. If you’re looking for an opportunity to bring your expertise to a globally recognized firm and committed to helping carriers understand how they can help our clients drive superior results for their firm, you should apply for this exciting position today.
We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
The Calgary office is a Global Line of Business, Natural Resources with a focus on Mining & Metals, Power & Utilities, Upstream Energy, Downstream Energy and Renewables. This Global Line of Business approach removes barriers to collaboration through linking experts globally to deliver a distinct client value proposition.
Senior Brokers perform a variety of high level and strategically focused tasks including but not limited to:
- Utilizing placement expertise to win and retain clients, enhance revenue and close pending business opportunities.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with carriers and clients at senior management levels.
- Stimulating revenue growth and meeting business objectives by placing new business, improving retention rates, increasing commission rates.
- Marketing new business opportunities, securing coverage to meet client needs, negotiating terms for major accounts and providing expertise for difficult to place business.
- Supervising the review of renewal business for adequacy of coverage and competitive rates.
- Developing new partner markets where needed locally and supporting nationally based relationships.
- Alberta Level 2 Agent’s License
- CIP, CRM or other professional designations preferred
- Strong client facing skills and ability to effectively communicate with “C” Suite
- 10+ years of energy industry experience including underwriting or analytical experience
- Experience managing large complex clients (multi-plan/provincial; complex plans; etc.)
- Deep technical knowledge of Insurance Contracts
- Full understanding of various insurance structures
- Knowledge of Global Marketplace including London & Bermuda
- Full knowledge of E&O Avoidance & Resolution
- Ability to solve more complex issues
- Strong negotiation & broker skills
- Strong client service orientation with ability to proactively understand client’s needs and present/implement solutions.
- Proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and producing quality deliverables on time and within budget
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills
- Team player who takes initiative, is resourceful and is self-motivated to continuous learning and development
- Computer skills which include proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, as well as navigation within the Internet