We deliver cost-effective benefits outsourcing, communicate the value of the employment "EURoedeal"EUR with online total reward statements, integrate and automate talent management, and consult with HR to optimize service delivery.
We help companies save money and improve service delivery while freeing HR to make strategic contributions to the business. Our solutions integrate seamlessly, scale easily and have been proven time and again for hundreds of clients.
Role and Responsibilities
High-performing institutions cultivate and grow talent, carefully balancing costs and rewards. From employee benefits to executive compensation, our Human Capital and Benefits consulting and solutions offers a rounded perspective, based on leading-edge thinking, data, analytics and software, unearthing new ways to motivate people, foster well-being and implement solutions that work
Our software development group has locations in Great Britain, Germany, Portugal and the Philippines, designing, developing and maintaining a suite of internal, client and member-facing software predominantly for use in the EMEA and Asia-Pacific regions.
We are looking for Microsoft Certified Professional Developer or working towards.
- Has understand of the full development lifecycle and be able to deliver to deadlines producing quality deliverables on time as part of a team.
- Have an understanding of software architecture and good design practice creating scalable, maintainable, extensible and testable software without over-engineering.
- Experience in the breadth of software engineering activities including analysis, design, TDD, installation and deployment.
- Exposure to iterative development methodology Agile, SCRUM would be an advantage.
- A self-starter able to work as a team member or pair partner (experience with pair programming is desirable).
- Be a quick learner with a proactive approach to problem solving and able to use own initiative to deal with ambiguity.
- A collaborator and knowledge sharer.
- Have a good appreciation and interest of current and emerging technologies along with their benefits/limitations.
- Be numerate, as many of the problems they will be dealing with will be mathematically based.
- Have a working knowledge of using TFS 2008/2010, source control and portal features through Visual Studio.
- The general role will include Web and backend development skills including:
- Have a technical understanding and proficiency with C#, MVC, .Net fundamentals and MS SQL Server 2008 as a core, based on an object oriented environment using design patterns.
- Have experience of ASP.NET MVC (hands-on delivery using MVC is essential) using the Razor engine.
- Have a working knowledge of IIS, notably administration and deployment is useful.
- Have experience of persistence technologies including Queues and SQL databases and real world usage of transactions and MSDTC.
- Have a practical understanding of performance optimisation and security on Web connected systems.
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems or related area.
2. At least five years of relevant work experience
4. Experience in systems development techniques and methodologies (data modeling, entity relationship diagramming and functional decomposition) are preferred.
5. Experience in the Financials, Human Resources or Benefits domain areas is preferred, but not required
6. Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
7. Experience working with the US and/or UK is preferred
8. Ability to work on "virtual" teams with members from different geographic areas
9. Ability to multi-task, and be mindful of deadlines.
10. Self-motivated and ability to remain focused on assigned projects.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.