Explore this exciting opportunity with one of the leaders in the defined benefit outsourcing business!
In your role as a Senior Pension Associate in our Pension Outsourcing team, you will perform a wide variety of recurring defined benefit plan administration services for clients, contribute to special projects, and provide ad hoc client support services. You will serve as the day to day project manager for specific work streams, contributing to client management and special projects, while also mentoring less experienced associates.
As a Senior Pension Associate, you will be making a valuable difference every day to our high-profile client organizations.
As a Senior Pension Associate you will:
- Prepare moderately complex benefit calculations and trust instructions
- Identify and resolve data issues as they arise
- Perform technical review for pension calculations, correspondence and payment entry/trust instructions
- Interpret and draft moderately complex administration procedures and documentation
- Respond to and resolve more complex plan provision questions and issues raised by less experienced Analysts
- Reconcile trustee payments and review payment entry in pension system and/or trustee system
- Review work product: benefit packages, data and system updates, calculator output and updates
- Create internal administration processes for clients if one does not exist
- Follow and update documentation materials as directed
- Employ Willis Towers Watson’s Professional Excellence tools and concepts to ensure efficient and quality output/service delivery
- Adhere to plan documents and government regulations in administering plans
- Manage and coach team to ensure progress against established budgets, improve efficiency, and meet time lines and quality standards
- Serve as primary, daily contact to clients on delivery of services and raise issues as appropriate
- Deliver on projects to meet or exceed client expectations
- Develop, train and provide feedback to team members
Note that visa employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
- Bachelor’s degree or prior benefits administration experience required
- 3 – 7 years of defined benefit plan administration and manual calculation experience
- Strong knowledge of the fundamentals of defined benefit plan design
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid expertise in Microsoft Excel and Word (i.e. pivot tables and lookup functions)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Professional, client-focused approach to colleagues and assignments
- Seeks out experiences that may change perspective or provide an opportunity to learn new things
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organize, set priorities, work independently and complete multiple projects within established deadlines