Willis Towers Watson’s Technology and Administration Solutions (TAS) is a global line of business whose revenue is primarily driven from providing outsourced pension administration services to occupational pension funds. Our three largest markets are Germany, UK and US. We have worked with some of the world’s leading organizations for over 25 years to provide benefit administration and outsourcing to over five million participants across the globe.
*** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***
Level 3 Workplace Pensions Administrator Apprenticeship Programme
The role of a Pensions Administrator is to work within an administration team servicing both member and client queries in relation to occupational pension schemes.
- Communicate effectively with client/members via the telephone, remembering each caller will have a different level of understanding. Record each call as they occur.
- Consistently provide a quality customer experience to clients/members.
- Continuously seek to identify areas where the service to clients/members could be improved and communicate to the Senior Administrator/Team Leader.
- Deal with simple queries and requests by the use of standard letters and reference to procedures.
- Recognise and escalate potential problem and potential complaint cases.
- Ensure complaints procedure is adhered to and that all complaints are immediately notified to Senior Administrator.
- Seek clarification where errors are made.
- Monitor own workflow to ensure service levels are achieved.
- Accurately perform manual calculations.
- Know and live the firm’s values.
- Assist the wider team in more complex / project work when required.
- Support colleagues for holiday cover and workload peaks.
- Accountable for own development, identifying and raising any learning needs with Senior Administrator.
- Update and maintain skills matrix.
- Help to provide an efficient, professional service to meet all client/members' needs and to promote the Willis Towers Watson brand.
- Develop knowledge of clients’ pension schemes.
- Build a relationship with the clients.
- Be a point of reference for standard automated cases.
- Ensure timely completion of timesheets.
- Ensure chargeable hours targets are met.
Training & Qualifications
This Apprenticeship is an 18-24 months programme where you will be provided on the job training and a highly competitive study support package for a Pensions Management Institute qualification. You will be fully supported by Willis Towers Watson and our official government approved Training Provider throughout the duration of the programme.
- Grade 9-4/Grade C or above for Maths and English Language at GCSE or equivalent.
- Able to work to a high level of accuracy.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet targets.
- Interpersonal skills to include good written and verbal communication.
- Customer and quality focussed.
- Computer literate.
- Experience in either DB or DC pensions administration would be an advantage.
Equal opportunity employer
The start date for the UK Apprenticeship Programme will be September 2021.