A Pension Calculation Analyst is likely to appeal to the technically minded pensions professional, adept at reading scheme rules and/or an advanced Excel user with general systems aptitude, you will have previous occupational pensions work experience either in an administration or systems position. Whilst no day is ever the same, a typical day in the role would see you interpreting pensions technical documentation and member data and interacting with our Pensions Administration teams as well as producing detailed calculation proforma and supporting test packs. Would you relish a new challenge working alongside Developers creating the calculations for individual DB and DC schemes for our clients? In return for your hard work, a competitive base salary with generous benefits package and enormous opportunity for motivated colleagues to enhance and advance their career within the organization.
Responsible for the production of calculation automation business requirements and software user acceptance testing.
The role requires the associate to:
- Interpret pension’s technical documentation and member data
- Interact with the external client facing self-service administration teams and the systems teams based in the UK and Manila.
As a Pensions Calculation Analyst, you will work on many different schemes, often simultaneously, and on all types of calculations. A typical day might be the interpretation of scheme rules in line with current legislation, producing specifications based on this work and transposing the information into a requirements document. The next day might involve peer review of team members test packs or of the developer’s outputs in a test environment. Overall the role is changeable and ideal for a candidate who enjoys working with systems software and with a portfolio of schemes.
- Provide expert pensions legislative knowledge
- Work on a large portfolio of DB, DC and hybrid schemes
- Perform detailed technical analysis of Trust Deeds and Rules and other scheme documentation
- Produce detailed calculation proforma from first principles and supporting automation test packs
- Collaborate with the Lead System Consultant team during data migration to ensure consistency between the data and calculation project streams
- Interact with third parties such as the scheme actuary and solicitors to clarify complex queries
- Acceptance test calculation and supporting software
- Assist in due diligence exercises by analysing data quality, identifying data issues and proposing solutions
- Keep stake holders up to date, share concerns and propose solutions where appropriate
- Provide an efficient, professional service to meet all client needs and to promote the Willis Towers Watson brand.
- Experience of dealing with DB and DC occupational pension schemes
- Detailed understanding of retirement, transfer and death calculations
- Full pensions legislative knowledge: both current and historic
- Interpersonal skills to include good written and verbal communication
- Good time management skills and the ability to organise and prioritise own workload
- Computer literate, good IT skills particularly Excel
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer