Summary of Position
The Performance Manager is primarily focused on coaching, development and production of their Sales Agent team. This position will have approximately 15 direct reports. A high degree of autonomy and business acumen is required.
• Inspire exceptional performance by directly managing team of insurance sales agents
• Ensure compliance and quality assurance standards of team are met
• Coach and support team with a goal of continuous growth and skill improvement
• Motivate and inspire agents to meet and exceed key performance metrics
• Interview, select, counsel and discipline team members
• Creatively develop strategies with Sales Director to drive results consistently
• Collaborate and partner with others as needed to achieve program goals
• Other duties as assigned
• This position provides daily supervision and management to a team of sales agents. The average size of this team is 15 direct reports.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
• This is a full-time position.
• Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday from 8am to 9pm; however, they may be Monday through Sunday from 7am to 12pm during open enrollment and high volume periods.
• Hours can average 45-60 hours per week and are influenced heavily by the open enrollment season.
- Exceptional communication and people skills to deliver coaching effectively
- Drive and motivation to maintain and increase production levels
- An active applicable resident insurance license or the ability to obtain one
- Extensive experience directly managing and coaching licensed insurance agents or other sales professionals in a related industry
Required and/or Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, marketing or related field
- Expertise launching and growing new sales teams and/or programs
- Strong sales center leadership experience
- 2+ years of experience in a direct supervisory or leadership role
- Strong sales experience