Willis Towers Watson (NASDAQ: WLTW) is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
Together, we unlock potential.
Learn more at www.willistowerswatson.com
Corporate Risk and Broking
We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
Willis Towers Watson is currently seeking to recruit a Power Risk Consulting Engineer to join our rapidly expanding Asia Risk & Analytics team.
The role will involve conducting underwriter surveys for a wide range of regional clients in and associated with the power industry along with providing risk & insurance advisory, risk assessment, loss prevention and technical claims support. The role requires a thorough knowledge of power technology, operations and maintenance, risk engineering, fire and life safety systems plus an understanding of project and construction management techniques.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Report to and follow instructions from a Lead Power Risk Engineering Team Leader in regard to work scheduling and work activities.
- Assess, discuss and establish strategic Risk & Analytical services and value proposition for power industry clients and prospects alike.
- Arrange detailed risk engineering services through discussions with WTW account teams, clients and underwriter engineers.
- Coordinate and manage the execution of underwriting surveys to the satisfaction of clients;
- Prepare underwriting information and risk profile reports to assist in the placement of client insurance programmes. Reports will contain key understanding of the hazards at facilities and how the management team are controlling/mitigating their impact. Presentation of loss calculations is also required;
- Develop risk improvement recommendations that are clear, appropriate and are fairly balanced between the interests of clients and insurers;
- Calculate loss expectancies within company guidelines across a range of industries;
- Ensure that all reports and other deliverables are prepared and ready in a timely manner;
- Provide technical support to clients and the WTW broking team across a range of issues relating to good industry practices;
- Forensic analysis of industry related claims to identify the cause and where necessary, lead the technical aspect of the investigation, calling in other expert support and supporting claims to ensure full and timely settlement
- Maintain all risk management team tracking tools such as schedules and planning spread sheets;
- Strive for Continuous Professional Development of technical competency in the power industry and risk engineering discipline and keep up-to-date with risk management developments (e.g. attend seminars, review technical publications, etc.);
- Represent WTW professionally on business trips and in meetings;
- Comply with all WTW company policies (e.g. Travel, Ethics, etc.);
- Any other duties commensurate with position or level of responsibility
- Degree (or equivalent) in engineering discipline and related risk management qualifications or relevant accreditations
- Power/Utility industry experience with a broad range of either/or design, construction and O&M experience to senior level within Asia
- Preferable with prior training and/or experience in Risk Engineering with specific technical expertise in power industry, fire, life safety and security protection techniques provided by a leading underwriter
- Comfortable with travelling extensively
- Self-starter, with good interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively relate to individuals at all levels – from site technicians up to company CEOs
- Proven ability to write detailed reports of a varied technical nature in both English and local language
- Prior experience of carrying out property risk surveys
- Experience of working with NFPA, FM and other international property conservation codes
- Working knowledge of fire protection and detection systems
- Knowledge of natural catastrophe risks