We are seeking to recruit an
individual to join the South Africa, and team within Reinsurance in a Pro Rata Handler Role. This
position will be based in Ipswich dealing with Associates in the Ipswich, London, Mumbai and
other regional offices on a daily basis, as well as with our clients in the South Africa region.
Travel to London may be required at times.
The business unit handles proportional and non-proportional Non-Marine reinsurance contracts for our clients based in the South African regions. This role has arisen based on the need to ensure that we continue to have the correct level of resource and experience to ensure that new and existing accounts are serviced to the highest of standards in order to maintain and continue to grow our business
- Analyse all technical treaty documentation received from clients ensuring compliance with contractual conditions and where necessary assist with the preparation of these documents for / with the client, resolving any queries where appropriate
- Processing and monitoring of Client figures into our Eclipse system in line with specified key performance indicators and contractual conditions
- Where applicable ensure prompt chasing of accounts due from clients.
- Prepare presentations for client and markets including assisting those working on placement support by providing renewal information, statistics and any technical advice as required
- Receive and action client’s cash call instructions in a timely manner and communicate pertinent information as necessary to obtain prompt agreement
- Manage and resolve queries from clients and reinsurers, seeking assistance as required ensuring escalation where necessary and resolution with minimum delay
- Build, develop and maintain strong client, third party and reinsurer relationships with assigned portfolio, liaising closely with Team Leader, Client Service Manager and/or Operations Director along with our Overseas offices as necessary
- Work closely with own team to ensure effective delivery of client service to Willis clients
- Educated to A level standard preferred but not essential
- Some insurance industry experience would be preferable
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads with good time management skills
- Intermediate IT skills (Microsoft Office suite)
- Experience of use and management of broking systems appropriate to own office (desirable)
- Experience in supporting client service through process adherence
- Experience in delivering applicable compliance standards with client service teams