As a Product Owner you will play a key role in software development projects by ensuring the organization’s needs are articulated as user epics and stories for the Agile Scrum teams.
In this role you will practice the fundamentals of scope definition, requirements gathering, as well as system conceptual design.
You will be responsible for taking the product’s vision from management to defining scope; working with our User Interface/User Experience team to develop conceptual designs and guiding a team of business analysts to create functional requirements. Additionally, our Product Owners assist in the development of our market-focused release notes to announce new features.
The individual in this role will have the opportunity to gain a large breadth of knowledge by working with experts in the fields HR software. Our Product Owners are empowered to make key product decisions using their research and understanding of the industry to build best in class solutions.
Additionally, the Product Owner will assist in conducting functional and usability testing to ensure that the Agile Scrum Team’s deliverable meet the business requirements and needs.
This role works with Willis Towers Watson’s proprietary and/or industry-leading systems and applications and ensures that these are designed and built according to agreed-upon technical specifications and quality standards.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Product Owner focused on product development activities
- Requires strong business analysis, requirements gathering, webpage workflow, and writing skills
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Relevant experience working with Web Content Management System Applications
- Familiarity with HR Technology
- Skilled at working with stakeholders to drive decision points and resolutions
- Self-starter attitude and ability to work well within ambiguity
- Adeptness at learning new technology and tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail orientated, strong analytical thinker, capable of making key decisions based on solid research and knowledge of the industry
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work on virtual teams
- Process driven with ability to modify approach
- Excellent time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Understanding of the waterfall and agile methodologies
- Ability to work effectively as an independent contributor or as part of a broader team
- Experience in the Human Resource domain is preferred, but not required
- BS / BA degree or relevant experience
Equal Opportunity Employer