The Technical Product Owner represents the business requirements defined by the Business Product Owner and project stakeholders to the Product Development Teams. This individual will be responsible for collaborating with a Business Product Owners and project stakeholders to define the appropriate business requirements and expected outcomes of new or enhanced capabilities. They are responsible for ensuring that all solutions delivered meet the requirements of the stakeholders and is the best solution for the product.
Employment-based non-immigration visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
- Facilitates the process to gather, document and finalize the business requirements and user stories required for Agile software development
- Responsible for understanding and communicating business need and value which makes specific functionality a requirement of the application
- Collaborates with Business Product Owner to understand and help prioritize product feature requests.
- Collaborates with the Scrum Master to assess resource requirements based on the scope of planned deliverables
- Responsible for maintaining a prioritized backlog and communicating priorities for the Product Development Scrum Team.
- Participates in Scrum ceremonies such as daily stand-ups, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Retrospectives, & Grooming meetings
- Coordinates staffing with Integrated Product Manager and Scrum Masters, assist in training, mentoring and developing associates.
- Participates in development of rollout strategy and execution of pilot programs for new or enhanced product features to client teams.
- Collaborates with Product Support team and Release Consumption team to implement and support new product features.
- This position will require some travel to other Willis Towers Watson offices.
- Substantial experience leading projects involving the application of technology to solve human resource needs such as: Health & Welfare administration, Defined benefit administration, HR self-service, HR systems integration, HR shared services or HRIS/payroll; prior experience managing or working within a product development or software support team is desired
- Solid experience in the fundamentals of software deployment best practices, quality assurance protocols, challenges and methodology regarding solution implementation and technical documentation and training
- Proven experience in successfully leading project teams with multifaceted, competing priorities and deadlines, including virtual work teams with members in different geographic regions
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to multi-task in the midst of tight deadlines
- Demonstrates commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Must be an excellent communicator, able to gain the respect of the team, external stakeholders, and management
- Strong written and verbal communication, time management, and project organization skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve difficult problems in a complex environment
- Experience with Agile development processes a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required; Master’s degree a plus
- Ability to travel and work extended hours as needed