Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
At Towers Watson, our experience tells us that you need effective talent and rewards programmes, processes and technology to deliver results. This requires a talent and rewards strategy that aligns with the business strategy, and an HR function that is aligned and prepared to deliver to the business.
Towers Watson's Talent & Rewards segment focuses on defining HR delivery strategies, solutions and operational models, designing HR talent and reward communication strategies, and conducting employee and organisational research with benchmarks for measuring success.
The Production Team Leader serves as an integral member of a global team to support a team of Analysts that deliver Towers Watson's technology products and tools to our external or internal clients. The Team Coordinator supports the team of Analysts by managing daily work load, assisting to resolve complex issues and managing deliverable quality.
Key Accountabilities / Duties:
• Support a team of Analysts within a global resource centre who produce client reports from Towers Watson's proprietary survey data collection and reporting applications
• Assist Analysts in prioritizing work across multiple projects by ensuring they understand deadlines, level of effort required and client priority
• Assist Analysts in resolving escalated technical issues by either researching individually or facilitating team meetings to uncover potential causes and solutions
• Support and provide guidance on Analysts' career development through regular performance reviews.
• Ensure work is handed off efficiently and effectively across shift teams as needed
• Complete self-assigned production tasks
• Generate and review pre-configured reports for adherence to specifications
• Reformat output data to meet any special client specifications
• Lead or actively participate in process improvement projects; review current processes to recommend and implement improvements to increase efficiency
• Accountable for adherence of KPIs within regional team
• Review significant work product from Analysts for quality and adherence to client requirements before handing off to local client-facing team
• Ensure information and deliverables are shared with the client-facing team or internal clients according to defined workflow
• Build trusted adviser relationships with operations leaders through efficient, quality execution of projects and processes, and effective communication.
• Collaborate with operations leaders and quality managers in defining strategies and initiatives to improve processes and delivery.
• Optimize Analysts' productivity by monitoring and re-balancing project workload among team members to account for daily or short-term variation (absence, capacity, etc.)
• Assist in developing and recommending standardized work processes, tools, and methodologies that improve quality and profitability
• Provide real-time performance coaching to Analysts, continuously identifying learning opportunities from daily work and reinforcing positive work habits/behaviors
• Conduct regular, formal performance reviews for Analysts and work with them create and monitor development plans
• Implement necessary activities to ensure high associate engagement
• This role supports Analysts who work out of the EMEA shift. It is expected that this role will make occasional appearances during the other shifts to attend meetings, trainings, or as it may be deemed necessary.
• Confirm assigned project tasks from Production Manager with Analysts
• Coordinate with other regional Team Leaders to ensure smooth handover of work between shift-based teams if needed
• Receive questions and issues from Analysts and provide facilitation of issue resolution; coordinate with Project team leads in local offices as needed
• Provide updates to and receive feedback from Process Managers on operations updates, operational/financial performance, continuous improvement initiatives, resource needs, etc.
• Actively contribute and participate in the overall management of Production team
Training on required applications provided upon hire:
• Workflow allocation, including assigning and adjusting project tasks among Analysts
• Basic data manipulation and formatting in data management tools (advanced Excel skills are essential)
• Ability to understand and interpret technical specifications and apply to reporting formats
• Working within tight deadlines; balancing time across multiple, simultaneous projects that may involve different procedures and project team members
• Collaboration with a global team, including taking accountability for quality and on-time delivery of own work and involving other team members when appropriate
• Demonstrated client service focus (internal or external clients), including recommending solutions based on a client perspective
• Structured problem solving and analytical thinking
• Continuous improvement mindset - increasing task efficiency and effectiveness with each repetition and making recommendations for process improvement
• Familiarity with the following applications/languages is a must:
• Proficiency in English
• A degree-level qualification in a technology-, engineering, or business-related discipline
• 3-5 years experience working in a technical environment
• MS Office, including advanced-level Excel
• 1-2 years experience as a Team Leader or supervisor preferred
• MS Office, including advanced-level Excel