An Associate Broker in the Property group is responsible for the broking activity on Commercial Property placements within the team. This individual will utilize their expertise to help enhance broking results for the team. If you are looking to join a growing organization with unlimited growth potential, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
The Associate Broker is responsible for preparing and submitting business to our carrier partners, following-up for quotes, and for providing analytics for key accounts. In this role, you will also be responsible for coordinating internal strategy meetings.
Note that visa employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
- Gather information and analytics to assess and evaluate client risks in order to support the placement of client risks into the market.
- With support of more experienced brokers, develop client and prospect presentations to secure new, and build on existing, relationships.
- Research market solutions to learn how to identify and develop optimum risk solutions for clients.
- Ensure that quality and compliance procedures and processes are adhered to.
- Execute straightforward new business placement, renewals and simple alterations of existing cover, under supervision.
- Record and maintain all information accurately on the appropriate systems.
- Work closely with associates from other departments that support the broking process (e.g., analytics).
- Build technical skills by satisfactorily completing basic and intermediate training courses as required.
- Prepare draft submission documents and finalize submissions for delivery.
- Review quotes against specifications and develop side-by side comparisons.
- Prepare program proposals.
- Review program binders for accuracy against quotes and complete file reviews.
- < 5 years industry experience
- Insurance broker’s P&C license required
- Solid presentation skills (written and oral); demonstrates active listening and note taking
- Relationship management and customer focus; ability to interface with customers and collaborate internally with teammates to serve customers
- Negotiation skills (carrier and client)
- Business Acumen: demonstrates basic knowledge/understanding of insurance business.
- Project Management: ability to execute assigned tasks in timely fashion.
- Adaptable and receptive to feedback; will seek guidance when needed
- End to end process knowledge: fluent in insurance process and can drive results by influencing other key players in the process.
- Leadership skills: ability to make decisions and support them; ability to take control of own work; ability to seek guidance and coordinate with others when needed.
- Insurance Technical skills; demonstrates knowledge of core insurance principles. Understands coverage forms and principles.
- Strong technology acumen – ability to utilize technology based record management systems; advanced MS Office skills and familiarity with other relevant online tools.