Brokers serve as an integral interface between Willis Towers Watson clients and prospects and various insurance carriers in the marketplace. They advise Producers and other colleagues on the design of complex risk management programs for clients; present submissions to carriers, negotiate to secure coverage that meets client needs, oversee preparation of client proposals and maintain strong relationships with key carriers. If you are a consultative advisor who thrives in creating technical sound solutions that address the clients risk without turning their balance sheet upside down, this is the role for you.
Employment-based non-immigration visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity
Corporate Risk & Broking
We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
The Property Broker/Lead Associate position is a highly-collaborative role that is heavily focused on client service across many industry segments. The position requires the ability to manage all day-to-day broking activities on accounts plus support Senior Brokers and Regional Leaders on the most complex accounts. In addition, the role provides an opportunity to support and participate in the National Property Practice sales growth initiative including RFP responses.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Stimulate revenue growth and meet business objectives by placing new and
renewal business, improving retention rates, managing commission rates and utilizing group
• Gather information and analytics to assess and evaluate client risks in order to support the placement of client risks into the market.
• Seek adequacy of coverage and competitive rates for clients and prospects
• Negotiate terms for accounts and provide property expertise for difficult to place business
• Provides coverage and program design advice and expertise to Client Advocate and Production Team
• Provides knowledge to Client Advocates or Producers about markets and products as they relate to property
• Prepares submission/coverage specifications and submits proposals to carriers for quotes
• Receives quotes from carriers and negotiates for the best program for clients, provides coverage comparison
• Communicates with Client Advocate or production team regarding program improvements and recommendations
• Preparation and finalization of Carrier and Client quotes & coverage confirmations to ensure contract certainty
• Assists as technical resource for younger placement brokers
• Insurance broker's license required
• 5+ years’ experience in the field
• College degree preferred
• Technical knowledge of insurance contracts/structure
• Knowledge and understanding of global marketplace
• Compliance and quality management expertise
• Computer skills, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Computer system skills; ability to work within agency management systems
• Ability to provide expert, in depth advice to client resulting in overall client satisfaction
• Skilled at interfacing with customers
• Strong presentation skills
• Support nationally based relationships with carriers and clients