Insurance Consulting and Technology (ICT), led by Alice Underwood, is a $320 million business with over 1,300 colleagues operating in 28 countries worldwide. It is a leading provider of advice and technology solutions - primarily to the insurance industry.
It has a unique position as a bundled consulting and technology provider. Its consulting services help clients manage risk and capital, improve business performance and create competitive advantage – by focusing on financial and regulatory reporting, enterprise risk and capital management, M&A and corporate restructuring, products, pricing, business management, distribution and strategy.
ICT combines strategic and analytical skills to solve practical business problems, applying the latest techniques and technology solutions. Its client base is comprised mainly of insurance companies operating in global and domestic markets (including P&C, life, A&H, captives and reinsurers), as well as regulators and other insurance-related entities.
As well as advising more than three quarters of the world’s leading insurers, ICT is the world’s largest provider of insurance actuarial and technology solutions that includes leading software products and enterprise platforms.
Note that visa employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
As a Property & Casualty Director, you will lead project teams dedicated to developing and delivering pricing and reserving analyses (experience in Florida property insurance pricing required) for our insurance company clients. You will play a key role in our marketing efforts and the growth of this practice area. As a project manager, you will bring order and process to the client teams with whom you work, and you will serve as a resource to analysts as you help build their technical and client-facing expertise.
- Deliver superior, consistent project management for assigned clients
- Draft statements of work, project plans and budgets involving multiple workflow streams and client teams
- Serve as the day to day project lead, ensuring the progress of the team against established objectives, budget, timeline, deliverables and quality standards
- Serve as primary, daily contact to clients on delivery of services
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with client contacts through effective communication and efficient, quality execution of projects
- Manage client expectations and raise appropriate issues to Client Relationship Managers
- Interface with colleagues from other practices and regions on assignments that reflect the client’s broader business issues
- Perform technical and peer reviews of work products
- Contribute to the development of new tools and approaches
- Meet revenue and billable hour goals as described by manager
- Support the generation of new business as part of the broader team
- Develop new business opportunities and enhance existing relationships
- Directly contribute to clients’ success through applying your technical expertise
- Build relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate natural ease and effectiveness when dealing with clients/colleagues at all levels
- Serve as mentor to project team colleagues
- 15+ years experience in an insurance and/or actuarial environment involving reserving, pricing (including Florida property), advanced pricing analytics/predictive modeling, competitive market analysis and claims analytics
- Strong analytical skills including ability to draw conclusions and identify trends from data in a logical, systematic way
- Proven experience successfully managing multiple projects and producing quality deliverables on time and within budget
- Strong client relationship, interpersonal and team skills
- Flexibility and proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues
- The ability to see the "big picture," leveraging the resources of related practices to address the clients' business challenges
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Availability to travel on an as needed basis
- Undergraduate degree required
- Membership in the Casualty Actuarial Society is required
- Prior consulting experience preferred