As a Property & Casualty Senior Analyst, you will work on project teams focused on performing reserve studies, pricing analyses and capital management activities for our insurance company clients. You will be responsible for data preparation as well as producing and analyzing initial results. You will work closely with a variety of consultants and project managers who will help you increase your insurance knowledge and sharpen your actuarial skills – all while providing a blend of client facing skills as well.
Note that visa employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
- Work collaboratively with other associates and consultants to determine initial data needs, examine obtained client information and perform follow up work required to populate complete data sets.
- Develop a strong understanding of the P&C insurance industry and become familiar with the various steps needed to prepare data for reserving, pricing and capital management activities
- Manage other analysts to complete analysis
- Prepare the first draft of reports for review by the consultant, including backup exhibits, findings and narrative
- Pricing studies for both personal and commercial lines of insurance, using both more traditional actuarial pricing methods, as well as advanced predictive modelling techniques
- Loss reserve analyses for both personal and commercial lines of insurance, including preparation of actuarial reports, Statements of Actuarial Opinion and Actuarial Opinion Summaries, using a variety of methods and stochastic approaches
- Enterprise risk assessment, financial risk modeling, capital management, and reinsurance optimization
- Actuarial exam progress toward ACAS and/or FCAS credentials is highly encouraged
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel and Access; knowledge of Emblem, Python, R, Radar Base, ResQ and Igloo is a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to respond to all communications effectively and in a timely manner
- Ability to ask the right questions and seek help where appropriate
- Flexibility and proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues; strong client service orientation
- Interest and ability to think beyond the task at hand and understand how one’s work fits into the broader landscape
- Strong analytical and integrative skills including ability to draw conclusions and identify trends from data in a logical, systematic way
- Ability to work both independently and on client teams and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Bachelors’ Degree required