What You'll Be Doing:
- Participate in design and requirement meetings, provide input and prepare test strategy based on available information.
- Gather and analyze requirements/specifications and prepare test cases and other QA deliverables.
- Execute test scenarios for functional and regression testing.
- Facilitate/attend meetings with developers, analysts and other interested parties to review requirements, test cases or to solve defects.
- Report progress in Jira and/or by email or other internal communication tools.
- Ensure the defects resolved will have a root cause.
- Assist/support UAT during UAT test phase.
- Provide input to Level of effort estimates and/or resource estimates for new requirements.
- Train or assist other team members if needed, prepare documentation of process
- Identify enhancement and communicate to interested parties.
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies for agile framework, waterfall or other rapid application development methods.
- Knowledge of QA automation tools and frameworks.
- Experience with Genesys system is a great bonus!
- Solid experience in IT and proven ability in analyzing requirements, develop effective test strategies, plan and cases. (manual and automated)
- Consistently execute test cases (manual and automated), analyze result in a timely manner, identify and communicate risk, reporting/managing defects, follow-through post release/post implementation testing.
- Experience in integration testing, backend testing, regression testing and functional testing.
- Solid experience in batch/file processing and real time processing.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL (writing and understanding queries)
- Candidate should have experience in testing complex web services through web platforms and should be able to read/edit XML documents from logs, cross browser compatibility testing of web applications containing complex business logic.
- Usage of Jira (or other similar issue/bug tracking systems) is required.
- Candidate should be able to communicate well in English (interpersonal, listening, written and oral) to communicate with project owners, project/release managers, analysts, developers.