The Quality Assurance Team Manager role at Willis Towers Watson serves as an integral member of a global Agile Product Development team to design, build, test and deliver Willis Towers Watson"EURTMs technology products to our external or internal clients. This role works with Willis Towers Watson"EURTMs proprietary and/or industry-leading systems and applications and ensures that these are designed and built according to agreed-upon technical specifications and quality standards.
Key Accountabilities / Duties:
- Works with the team in assessing opportunities to strengthen definition of done, and in understanding appropriate tests to automate, that gets the team closer to delivering quality software on time.
- Promotes the value of behavior driven testing amongst the team
- Leads and contributes to testing excellence and automation maturity initiatives
- Leverages the benefits of automated testing and strengthens reliability
- Enhances and promotes QA automation within Software Development
- Creates an environment where innovation is encouraged and supported
- Seeks awareness and keeps on top of status, issues, risks and mitigation plans, and effectively communicates through appropriate channels
- Actively advances technical skills through participation in online, instructor-led or self-taught training.
- Actively practices emotional intelligence (empathy, self-awareness, self-motivation, self- management) on project teams and throughout the enterprise.
- Understands how clients use the application to focus testing that is centered around the user and not functionality exposed by the application
- Seeks and understand stakeholder and product expectations and adjust testing as needed
- Expands domain knowledge by partnering with the PO/BA and UI/UX group, and through active participation in product reviews, refinement, planning, and other domain related learning sessions.
- Helps identify improvements in preventing and early detection of client production issues
- Develops a connection with client delivery and product leaders to ensure that the delivered product is meeting quality goals
- Ensures that development effort is billed appropriately to maximize spend that can be capitalized.
- Establishes measures and regularly monitors those for better predictability, and to aid in identifying Continuous Software Improvement suggestions and initiatives.
- Seeks opportunities to advance techniques for self and team for accurate quality assurance effort estimations for testing
- Provides mentorship and guidance to QAs to perform better manual testing, write quality automated tests, and test relevant areas related to load/performance testing
- Helps drive competency improvement within the program
- Serves as a champion of quality and helps support the QA Community of Practice, knowledge sharing sessions, lunch & learn, brown bag sessions, and other learning sessions.
- Strengthens agile practices, through active collaboration and communication among team members, anchored on trust and empowerment, towards a common business goal
- Establishes a global presence where the team is driven by global accountability and not divided by regional boundaries
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree in a technology related discipline, such as IT or Engineering
- Proficiency in English
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Experience in Automation Testing is required.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of SDLC process. Experience in Agile/Scrum framework is required.
- Creates test scenarios from functional requirements and/or User Stories using the Gherkin format
- Contribute to testing strategy for product that lead to high quality releases
- Intermediate skills in writing T-SQL
- Intermediate knowledge of using SQL Management Studio
- Intermediate knowledge of tools and techniques used in manual test
- Manages time effectively by placing the right focus on value added operations
- Advanced knowledge of tools and techniques used in manual testing
- Deeply understands practices of agile software development
- Create and drive Regression testing strategy for product
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas "EUR" the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.