Summary of Role
Our practice Willis Reinsurance Broking (Willis Re) in London or Ipswich is looking for you as a Reinsurance Wordings Specialist: the ideal candidate will have gained experience in the insurance or reinsurance industry, whether at an insurer, reinsurer, or broker.
- Develop and produce bespoke treaty reinsurance contracts and endorsements covering a range of classes, mainly Property and Casualty business, but also including other lines of business, such as Life
- Ensuring all contracts comply with the Contract Certainty Code of Practice and adhere, as far as possible, with the London Market Reform guidelines
- Providing technical analysis of reinsurance contracts. Suggesting improvements, coverage enhancements and compliance with internal procedures and external regulatory requirements
- Resolution of contract-related queries from Clients, Underwriters and internal stakeholders.
- Keeping up to date with the latest market developments and clauses and ensuring latest guidance is communicated to all relevant parties
- Inform and educate others in contract construction and analysis, where necessary
- Support and drive process improvement and innovation
- Relevant industry experience drafting, negotiating and/or reviewing reinsurance contracts
- In-depth knowledge of reinsurance contract construction, mechanics and clause language
- Advanced MS Word skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills. Ability to discuss and explain contractual language to various audiences including broking teams and
Equal opportunity employer