Willis Re, right at the heart of the industry, is dynamically adapting to this challenging environment and actively promoting innovation and excellence in its advisory and transactional role. Here at Willis Re we help our clients in understanding the risks they face to make appropriate decisions and manage them efficiently.
Our practice Willis Reinsurance Broking (Willis Re) in London or Ipswich is looking for you as a Reinsurance Wordings Specialist: the ideal candidate will have gained experience in the insurance or reinsurance industry, whether at an insurer, reinsurer, or broker.
- Develop and produce bespoke treaty reinsurance contracts and endorsements covering a range of classes, mainly Property and Casualty business, but also including other lines of business, such as Life
- Ensuring all contracts comply with the Contract Certainty Code of Practice and adhere, as far as possible, with the London Market Reform guidelines
- Providing technical analysis of reinsurance contracts. Suggesting improvements, coverage enhancements and compliance with internal procedures and external regulatory requirements
- Resolution of contract-related queries from Clients, Underwriters and internal stakeholders.
- Keeping up to date with the latest market developments and clauses and ensuring latest guidance is communicated to all relevant parties
- Inform and educate others in contract construction and analysis, where necessary
Support and drive
process improvement and innovation
Minimum Criteria / Skills Required:
- relevant industry experience drafting, negotiating and/or reviewing reinsurance contracts
- In-depth knowledge of reinsurance contract construction, mechanics and clause language
- Advanced MS Word skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills. Ability to discuss and explain contractual language to various audiences including broking teams and clients
What can we offer you?
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including; a fantastic pension scheme, life insurance, medical insurance, eye care vouchers and flexible benefits including critical illness cover, dental cover, additional life assurance, childcare vouchers, retail vouchers and many other options and Corporate deals.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer: Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Wa