Create your future. Join our Retirement consulting team in providing expertise in retirement consulting to support global organizations in optimizing the effectiveness of their employee retirement. Whether a client has a defined benefit pension or a defined contribution plan, we work with them to determine the right approach to designing, funding, investing, communicating, governing and employee management that fits their specific goals. You will also learn about all the services that Willis Towers Watson offers their clients and how they complement and enhance our retirement consulting practice.
Explore an opportunity. Gain direct exposure to real client assignments and meetings which will draw on your imagination and creativity as well as your ability to analyze data, solve problems, develop solutions, and share your results. In this role, you’ll experience a balance of expanding your technical and industry knowledge and developing your problem solving and communications skills, while benefiting from working in a close-knit and supportive team environment.
Learn the industry. Kickoff the internship at a multi-day session with other interns across the local region to network and learn about WTW from various leaders amongst the Retirement business. Throughout the summer, engage in a robust training program within your local office in order to enhance your understanding of basic pension consulting.
Grow with mentorship. You will have close interaction and support throughout the summer from your very own Lead Retirement Consultant mentor. This consultant will work with you on client assignments, give you an inside look at how the business works, and advise you on future career growth.
Work towards becoming a credentialed actuary. Accepted applicants will be eligible for a comprehensive actuarial exam study program, including paid study hours and exam coaching to assist in attaining an accredited actuarial designation.
Love your work. You will partner with consultants to provide technical actuarial and consulting support on projects like:
- Designing, funding, pricing, and the implementation and management of retirement programs
- Preparing and assistance with the delivery of client presentations and communications
- Competitive benchmarking analysis of benefit plan designs
- Corporate restructuring and capital enhancement initiatives (demutualization, securitization, mergers & acquisitions)
- Forecasting future pension plan costs
- Performing annual pension (qualified and nonqualified) and post-retirement medical valuations for a variety of clients
- Assisting with completion of plan reporting and filing requirements
- Performing plan administrative tasks such as completing benefit calculations, reviewing plan documents and SPDs, and producing benefit statements
- Analyzing de-risking options for defined benefit plans (bulk lump sums, retiree annuity purchases, plan terminations)
- Progress towards a Bachelors or Master’s degree in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, finance or any other major with significant quantitative course work with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 (Junior standing preferred; Sophomore considered with other relevant internship experience)
Successful completion of one or more actuarial exams highly
- Work experience that demonstrates strong technical and/or client service skills
- Passion for solving problems and sharing solutions to exceed the standards of the client
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently, but also cooperatively in a close team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel
Join us. If you are interested, please submit your resume to our job posting in our careers site.