The role of the Retirement Implementation Specialist is to own defined benefit system requirements to ensure that the client site is built and maintained to accurately reflect plan design features and comply with current pension legislation. This role includes working on new implementations, system upgrades and updates due to plan changes. This includes understanding what data elements are needed at conversion and on an ongoing basis. This individual interprets plan design and legislative changes, identifies and documents associated system and data requirements, works with development staff to ensure that requirements are understood, and defines and manages the testing phase of the implementation project, including doing testing and running and reviewing regression. This individual would also present these specifications to the client and run the user acceptance testing meeting.
Employment-based non-immigration visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
Note: This job is available in multiple locations.
As a Retirement Implementation Specialist, you will:
- Ensure that defined benefit administration system implementations, upgrades, ongoing maintenance, etc. accurately reflect plan design
- Work with clients, pension administration team, and actuarial team to create system requirement documents and data mapping specifications for developers
- Create test plans and conduct quality assurance testing, including regression testing
- Train pension administration team and client on use of pension administration system
- Serve as ongoing system team resource for client and pension administration team
Contribute to successful project management
- Participate in developing cost estimates and project plans for quality assurance testing and updates to system specifications
- Work with Project Manager to ensure progress of team against established goals; communicate status to Project Manager
- Manage client expectations and raise appropriate issues to project managers
- Attend client meetings, including leading the specification and user acceptance testing meetings
- Contribute to the development of new tools, processes and solutions to create efficiencies and meet clients’ needs
- Significant interaction and coordination with the client, members of the Actuarial and Admin teams, developers, and others.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred; High School diploma required
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in pension administration required
- Strong background in defined benefit plans and functional knowledge of pension benefits administration processes and software delivery
- Significant knowledge of pension plan design and defined benefit rules and regulations, as well as associated technology solutions.
- Experience with pension administration systems, including interaction of data, software, administration outputs, and processes.
- Experience calculation testing and writing pension calculation specifications is required
- Collaborative style, able to build strong relationships within and across business lines
- Ability to take ownership of significant phases, work well under tight project deadlines, including strong time management and project organizational skills
- Strong listening and communication skills required, both verbal and written, including ability to interpret and document plan provisions
- Problem solving, project management, technology and communication skills required
- Experience in Microsoft Office products, including Excel and Word
- Ability to travel (post-Covid) and work extended hours as needed