As a Senior Actuarial Analyst, you will work as part of a team to provide consulting advice and services to Nordic and multinational companies concerning retirement as well as broader HR benefits and compensation issues for their operations globally.
Willis Towers Watson"EURTMs Benefits Practice in Stockholm advises Nordic and multinational companies on the valuation, reporting, design, financing, operation and oversight of their pension and other employee benefit programs around the world. We provide a wide array of services to our clients including:
- Actuarial valuations for pension plans
- Global IFRS accounting consolidation for employee benefit plans
- Cross-border merger, acquisition and divestiture consulting
- Financial, cost and risk control solutions for employee benefit plans worldwide
Our team works closely as a part of a global network of highly-skilled consultants and analysts to provide fully integrated international support to our clients. This gives members of our team exposure to some of the leading consultants in the industry and deep knowledge and expertise to utilize.
- As a Senior Actuarial Analyst, you will work as part of a team to provide consulting advice and services to Nordic and multinational companies concerning retirement as well as broader HR benefits and compensation issues for their operations globally.
- We have a portfolio of large and well-respected clients giving the opportunity to pursue a wide range of assignments including accounting work under US GAAP, IAS19 and local standards, complete analyses required for special projects including mergers and acquisitions, benefit plan strategy and design, plan management and governance strategy, and global financing and funding policies.
- You will serve as a key resource for consultants in charge of engagements by performing many aspects of client work including communication with clients, participating in internal and external meetings, analyzing data and drafting deliverables as needed. As you grow and gain more expertise, you will become a key contact for clients and will begin taking on a larger project manager role within the team, including creating project plans, monitoring progress, communicating with our global colleagues and always ensuring we meet or exceed client expectations.
- As well as client-facing assignments you will also contribute to the development of new tools and approaches, including monitoring and analysing economic conditions in major markets around the world and updating country profiles. As a forward-looking team you will also be provided with many learning and development opportunities and have the opportunity to study towards actuarial certifications.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in the consulting or retirement benefits area, eg performing core valuation work in a client service oriented environment with corporate defined benefit and/or group health plans
- Experience of working on global HR benefit programs; alternatively, experience working on domestic benefits or compensation programs and an interest in international issues
- Well organized and detail oriented with a sense of accountability and pride in one"EURTMs own work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (Swedish is an advantage)
- Ability to ask the right questions and seek help where appropriate
- Demonstrate flexibility and a proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues; strong client service orientation
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Ability to work both independently and on client teams and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter; with an interest in continually challenging oneself and willingness to step outside of one"EURTMs comfort zone
- Possess the interest and ability to think beyond the task at hand and understand how one"EURTMs work fits into the broader landscape
- Strong analytical and integrative skills including the ability to draw conclusions and identify trends from data in a logical, systematic way
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel
- University degree in a numerate discipline is required
- Interest in, or some progress towards actuarial qualifications
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas "EUR" the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.