As a Property & Casualty Senior Analyst in our Product, Pricing, Claims and Underwriting ("PPCU") practice, you will work on project teams focused on performing pricing analyses and predictive modelling activities for our insurance company and self-insured clients.
You will be responsible for data preparation as well as producing and analyzing initial results. You will work closely with a variety of consultants and project managers who will help you increase your insurance knowledge and sharpen your actuarial skills. Your role will also provide a blend of client facing skills.
You will also serve as a resource to analysts as you help them build their technical and client-facing expertise.
Note that visa employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
- Deliver quality work in accordance to project deadlines
- Contribute to the development of intellectual capital (new tools and approaches)
- Perform technical and peer reviews of work products
- Meet billable / intellectual capital development hours goals as described by manager
- Build relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
- Successful completion of one or more actuarial exams highly preferred. Commitment to the CAS actuarial exams path is mandatory
- 3+ years of experience in an insurance and/or actuarial environment involving pricing and predictive modeling
- Strong analytical skills including ability to draw conclusions and identify trends from data in a logical, systematic way
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility and proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel and Access; knowledge of Emblem, Radar, R and/or Python is a plus
- Ability to work both independently and on client teams and enjoy a busy environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science or relevant field required
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to ask the right questions and seek help where appropriate
Equal Opportunity Employer