Willis Re Catastrophe Modeling team is growing and we are looking for people that want to be apart of a dynamic team that is integrated with the business. We are looking for talented individuals with prior Catastrophe Modeling experience to come and be part of this winning team!
Note that visa employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
Working alongside the brokers this role will have a high level of interaction with our clients providing catastrophe management insight and solutions through the entire modeling cycle, from data auditing to multi-model analysis, reporting and portfolio management. We are looking for highly motivated team-players dedicated to this exciting growing market. The candidate should possess a passion and understanding for the exposures and hazards
• Analyze client exposure value data and assess fitness for use for catastrophe modeling
• Use commercial catastrophe modeling software to measure physical and economic loss from catastrophes for Willis Re clients and prospects
• Interpret and explain model physical, financial, and economic outputs to colleagues/brokers/clients/prospects/reinsurers
• Present modeled output in various forms to colleagues/brokers/clients/prospects/reinsurers
• Work closely with all stake holders on all aspects of the reinsurance financial placement process
• Work with broking teams in a prospecting capacity to develop meaningful content targeting the needs of our reinsurance clients
• Participate in creative problem solving of complex issues that face our clients and prospective clients
• Identify opportunities and potential solutions for increased efficiency within the analyst workflow
• Train, groom and mentor junior staff in all aspects of the above responsibilities
• Minimum of 5 years catastrophe modeling experience
• Proven communication skills, coupled with an exceptional eye for detail
• Ability to work in an unstructured environment
• Ability to apply advanced mathematical, economical, and statistical concepts
• Ability to process and understand data quickly and creatively
• Ability to understand model input data and explain outputs
• Skills in MS Excel, SQL Server and detailed commercial catastrophe models (RMS/AIR/EQE). Proven use of the model(s) is required.
• Experience in using GIS Software
• Ability to understand economic business context and regulatory context of catastrophe modeling
• Proficient understanding of (re)insurance financial terms
• Bachelor’s degree from a credited four-year college or university – Concentration in fields such as mathematics, economic, and finance: Advanced degree a plus