A Senior Broker manages day-to-day servicing of management liability accounts, including renewals; develops business relationships with retail producers and markets; negotiates with underwriters regarding coverage terms, conditions and pricing on new and renewal accounts (for large commercial accounts)
Responsibilities Include, but not limited to:
- Prepare client materials, renewal strategies, insurance proposals; maintains the diary system; verifies accuracy of insurance documentation. Has a moderately complex book of management liability business up to $1.5M. Handles commercial accounts. License required.
- Communicate by e-mail, telephone, and written correspondence with clients, underwriters and producers
- Research and answer questions from clients, carriers and producers
- Prepare strategy documents, proposals, submissions and quotes
- Participate in RFPs and prospect meetings
- Gather information and analytics to assess and evaluate client risks and the placement of client risks into the market.
- Follow up with insurance carriers and underwriters regarding the status of quotes and provides any additional information or rates as necessary
- Prepare client documents as requested
- Oversee diary for receipt of insurance documents
- Prepare submission documents and finalize submissions for delivery.
- Research and answer questions regarding loss information
- Prepare and update summaries in database as required
- Prepare coverage comparisons when necessary
- Review binders for accuracy and completeness
- Sort and distribute work assignments for Technical Assistants
- Maintain business relationships with producers and underwriters
- Maintain knowledge of insurance carriers and their business practices
- Participate in continuing education to maintain licensure
- Develop business relationships with retail producers and markets
Note that visa employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
- Complexity of book: Low
- Size of accounts: up to $500k
- 3-5 years industry experience
- Insurance broker’s P&C license required
- Demonstrates knowledge of core insurance principles & provide explanation to clients
- Ability to conduct research
- Understanding of required placement workflows
- Must demonstrate core competency of Willis Values & Vision
- Self-starter/requires minimal supervision, ability to execute assigned tasks in timely fashion.
- Ability to interface with customers and collaborate internally with teammates to serve customers
- Will seek guidance when needed, and receptive to feedback
- Solid presentation skills – written and oral
- Good listener
- Enhancing client service skills
- Ability to deal with difficult client situations
- Demonstrates knowledge of Insurance structures
- Strong technology acumen – ability to utilize technology-based record management systems; advanced MS Office skills and familiarity with other relevant online tools.