Our Health and Benefits business helps large and mid-size clients control health and welfare plan costs, improve health outcomes and promote employee engagement through broad-based, state-of-the-art interventions. We provide solutions encompassing creative plan design, vendor evaluation and management, pricing and funding strategies, data analytics, valuation support, compliance and governance strategies. We also provide Specialty consulting services including clinical/health management program design, pharmacy solutions, disability/absence management strategies and claims audit services. Product based solutions such as our pharmacy purchasing coalition round out our broad-based suite of offerings.
You will play a key role by serving as the central link between the business, clients, product team, architecture team, development team and other related internal and external teams that are impacted by the product and/or projects you are managing. You will ensure that the product being delivered delivers maximum value to the business in the most cost-effective way. You will develop comprehensive project plans and manage teams in the delivery of multifaceted projects and other project management related responsibilities. This includes developing and managing project plans, project risk and issue logs, creating and managing project dashboards, organizing and conducting meetings and tracking action items from those meetings. You will be responsible for the successful execution and completion of several technical healthcare benefits related projects and initiatives.
- Drive superior, consistent product leadership for concurrent software projects which includes the following:
- Build and demonstrate expert knowledge of the health and benefits business and applications
- Drive superior, consistent product leadership for concurrent software projects.
- Capture requirements following HBNA standard processes, templates and tools (e.g. User Stories in ADO).
- Work with management and clients to interpret and document project requirements
- Document business, functional and technical requirements
- Prioritize non-business requirements including vulnerabilities and corporate mandates.
- Document high quality business, functional and technical requirements and specifications.
- Provide clarity on captured requirements, answers questions from the scrum team related to requirements both functional and technical.
- Develop a prioritized product roadmap and product release plan which establishes epic, features, stories, fixes, sprints, and milestones required to successfully deliver value to the business.
- Accountable for progress reports, communications and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in scope, requirements and timeline.
- Set and continually manage expectations with team members and other project stakeholders
- Institute and execute data quality guidelines to ensure the highest quality of project material, deliverables, data analysis and reporting
- Communicate effectively amongst the team and to stakeholders external to the team
- Collaborate with the PMO Governance Lead to respond to RFPs and other queries from clients or internal consultants on application security, risk and other characteristics.
- Create, maintain and implement product delivery methodologies and processes.
- Contribute to the overall PMO success as needed.
- Use Prototyping tools and solutions for fast and effective
- Seasoned product manager, preferably in the healthcare industry
- Strong technical, product management (managing a product from ground-up a plus), business analysis and organizational skills
- Experience with data analysis, manipulation, and reporting using one or more of the following: SAS, SQL, MS Access, Power BI, MS Excel, and applied statistical methods to complete data analysis
- Demonstrated strong emphasis on high quality data, documentation, analytics and reporting
- Demonstrated experience interfacing between various business and technical teams
- Experience with processes of strategic planning and management, process improvement, change/scope management and conflict resolution
- Able to work independently as well as cross-functionally in an organization to successfully implement projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; high attention to detail; ability to clearly and confidently explain new concepts to audiences
- Knowledge of agile project/product management software (e.g. Azure DevOps, Jira, Rally, MS Project) is a plus
- Proficient in tools such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point. Ability to quickly learn various software applications.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences both in written and verbal form
- Knowledge of database design, application development, and integration methodologies
- Knowledge of Agile (Scrum preferred) Software development process
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Mathematics, or a related field
- CSPO, IIBA, or PMI-PBA certifications are a plus.