The Senior Client Manager is responsible for a blend of internal partnership & delivery activities and client facing functions, including maintaining client relationships and retention while insuring client profitability while coaching and mentoring Client Managers and Associate Client Managers on the team. If you’re looking for a client centric opportunity with an industry leader that allows you to share your experience with others this may be the perfect opportunity for you. Apply today!
Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
The Senior Client Manager role is responsible for a blend of internal partnership & delivery activities and client facing functions, utilizing the incumbent’s professional skills in Commercial Property and Casualty Insurance. These can include day to day service activities such as client inquiries and requests, endorsement processing and other client deliverables as necessary. In addition, the person in this role is accountable to provide coaching and mentorship for the development of Associate Client Managers and Client Managers in an assigned team. The Sr. Client Manger role also has responsibility for maintaining client relationships and retention, while also ensuring client profitability on a personally assigned book of business, and for books handled by Client Managers within the assigned team. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Review, finalization and delivery of current and expiring exposures
• Work with multiple key parties (both internal and external) to request and gather updated exposures and underwriting information
• Obtain updated client exposure documentation, perform needs and gap analysis to ensure appropriate coverages are applied
• Manage implementation of accurate billing for clients based on client/carrier instructions
• Design, prepare, negotiate and deliver fee/compensation agreements to clients as needed
• Manage process delivery to ensure any legal and/or compliance needs are met.
• Provide ongoing feedback to Supervisor on progress, development, and any needs of team members within assigned matrix leadership span
• Serve as point for escalated client issues, including those experienced by their assigned Client Managers and Associate Client Managers
• Provide customized support to assigned team members to ensure accuracy and quality of proposals and other client deliverables
• Manage cadence of delivery for self and assigned team to ensure information needed is available to analyze client exposure, make recommendations and deliver final proposals to clients
• Uses experience and expertise to contribute to ongoing process improvement activities
• Partnership with peers and resources in domestic and international service centers
• 5+ years of Property & Casualty insurance experience in a role that is client-facing or carrier facing
• College degree or equivalent work experience required
• Must successfully complete appropriate licensing exam(s) and/or maintain required licensing by completing various Continuing Education activities as needed. If already licensed, must be able to show valid confirmation of current status
• Property & Casualty insurance knowledge/experience required
• Previous experience in a leadership role, whether formal, matrix or mentor, is a plus
• Able to work effectively with others in an informal matrix leadership capacity, and can successfully delegate to and direct the work of fellow colleagues who are not direct subordinates from a reporting relationship.
• Demonstrate strong problem solving capability with the ability to quickly assess and gain support for the triage of client challenges using new and existing solutions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to include phone conversation and email communication
• Compelling presentation skills in delivering content to all levels of the organization, including management
• Demonstrated analytical ability, strong decision making skills, and conflict resolution
• Demonstrated problem solving abilities, including critical thinking, research, quantitative skills, and creativity
• Attention to detail and process orientation [think about this one]
• Technology acumen to work within various agency management systems (Epic, ServiceHub, etc.)
• Ability to work independently, yet actively and appropriately engage the services provided by “extended team members” across the Shared Service Centers and Teams
• Strong time management and organization skills
• Advanced knowledge of computer software packages including MS Word and MS Excel (exposure to Excel formulas and Pivot table creation/manipulation a plus)
• Insurance industry designations preferred but not required (CPCU, ARM, CIC, CRM)