We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our Business Intelligence team. You will have practical, hands-on experience working with modern data architectures and tools such as Data Warehousing, ETL/ELT, analytics, and the Azure cloud platform. You should be driven to provide quality solutions to challenging problems, working closely with business stakeholders, a highly skilled team of data engineers, developers, and architects to design, build and implement the next generation solutions in advanced analytics, big data platforms and the Cloud.
Employment-based non-immigration visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
- Design and build scalable data integration (ELT/ETL) pipelines using SQL, Python and Spark
- Collaborate with technology teams to integrate source systems with the Data Warehouse
- Design and implement Azure data storage solutions – Data Lake / Delta Lake / Lakehouse
- Collaborate with system architects, software architects, design analysts, and others to understand business or industry requirements
- Develop data models for applications, metadata tables, views or related database structures
- Oversee the work of junior level data engineers
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field required
- 7+ years of experience working with data integration and data analytics development within the Microsoft data platform
- Minimum 3 years of experience with ETL / Data Warehousing processes
- Knowledge of PaaS Infrastructure
- Familiar with Lakehouse designs
- Experience working with SQL Server, Azure SQL Database, and Azure Synapse Analytics (Formerly SQL Data Warehouse)
- Strong knowledge and experience with Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, and Azure Automation
- Experience working with Databricks and Apache Spark
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop or HDInsight, Hive, Pig, Python, Spark, etc.
- Experience with micro services architecture and API strategy development
- Experience with Analysis Services and DAX
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services
- Knowledge of how to use Power BI
- Able to work, focus, and be productive in a virtual, remote environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders