Willis Re is looking for a highly experienced and enthusiastic team-player to join the D/A/CH team as a senior business producer, focussing on treaty reinsurance broking in the German-speaking markets. Whilst Munich or London are the preferred locations for this role, a good candidate based anywhere within Europe will also be considered.
- Supporting insurance companies in designing and managing their reinsurance strategy, predominantly within the P&C markets, though also potentially within specialist lines
- Leading and/or working as part of several client teams to provide support with renewals, strategic discussions and planning, general client management, programme re-structuring and tenders, submission preparation, etc.
- Communicating at a senior level with existing and/or target reinsurance clients, at C-Suite level where applicable, but also at senior reinsurance buying level, to provide a holistic range of services from the Willis Re service offering and to be a senior point of contact for the overall client relationship
- Identifying new reinsurance business opportunities with companies in the German-speaking countries, designing and managing a strategy to realise the opportunities and expand the client base of the team
- Engaging with new and existing clients and colleagues on technical topics such as actuarial modelling results, catastrophe modelling, pricing, contract wordings, accounting and claims
- Managing reinsurer relationships with global reinsurers, including syndicates within Lloyd’s of London, and placing reinsurance treaties into those markets, as well as negotiating quotes and other terms and conditions. The ideal candidate will already have a strong understanding of the key reinsurance markets and have built up a network of contacts within the reinsurance world
- Working closely with our German-speaking team in Munich and London, both remotely and on location within one or both locations at times. The role will require some travel to clients within the German-speaking countries and/or reinsurers, as well as sometimes to our offices in Munich and London (depending on main office location chosen).
You will have gained experience in the reinsurance industry and be highly familiar with at least one of the three main German-speaking markets. You will either have worked previously as a reinsurance broker or have been a reinsurance underwriter or reinsurance buyer at an insurance or reinsurance company; experience in both analytical and transactional activities is a requirement for the role, although an actuarial background is not necessary.
- Demonstrable experience in the reinsurance industry
- Fluent German and English speaker
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong communicator
- Experience of leading client teams and managing junior members of staff and/or coaching or mentoring and training younger team members to fulfil their potential
- A willingness to get involved in all areas of the client relationship in a collaborative and mutually respectful team environment
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- A willingness to deal with international clients and markets and to travel at times within Europe and occasionally elsewhere globally
- Knowledge and experience of the Property Catastrophe markets would be particularly helpful, but is not necessary
- We are willing to consider a flexi-working model, both in terms of location and also working hours
Equal Opportunities Employer