Investment, Risk and Reinsurance
Our sophisticated approach to risk helps clients free up capital. We work in close contact with investors, reinsurers, and insurers to manage the equation between risk and return. Blending advanced analytics with deep institutional knowledge, we reveal new opportunities to maximize performance.
The insurance and re-insurance industries are going through a profound transformation process with evolving and more complex needs to satisfy.
Willis Re, right at the heart of the industry, is dynamically adapting to this challenging environment and actively promoting innovation and excellence in its advisory and transactional role. Here at Willis Re we help our clients in understanding the risks they face to make appropriate decisions and manage them efficiently. Willis Re is looking for a senior broker and client manager to be part of the Dutch office. This role will be primarily focussed on The Netherlands, along with growing opportunities to contribute in other areas of Willis Re International. The role will involve working in a senior position within a large team on reinsurance placements and client management.
The ideal candidate will have gained experience in the insurance and/or reinsurance industry, whether at an insurer, reinsurer or broker.
- Provide front line client servicing (including placing treaty reinsurance, negotiating amendments & improvements to cover, supply of market information, facilitating client/reinsurer meetings etc.)
- Develop new business opportunities with both existing clients and potential new clients
- Work closely with colleagues in The Netherlands and other Willis Re offices across Europe.
- Create and grow relationships with underwriters in International Markets
- Understand evolving client needs and contribute to thought-leadership, advising clients on:
- Optimal reinsurance structures with technical and market pricing
- Reinsurance purchasing strategies
- Prepare client and market presentations in Excel, Word and PowerPoint formats and work with colleagues to prepare RfP responses
- Engage with Catastrophe Risk Analysts and Actuaries
- Experience in the insurance and/or reinsurance industry
- Fluency in Dutch and English
- Good negotiation skills
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Team-player, enthusiastic in supporting a team effort and comfortable that during the initial stages of the role, they will be playing a broadly supporting function
- Understanding of how the overall direction of the industry and foresight to understand how it is changing
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Energetic with a strong desire to learn new things
- Initiative and an eagerness to drive projects to a successful conclusion
- A willingness to engage with a wide range of International clients and markets
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Conduct Risk: To put the interests of clients and the integrity of the market at the heart of the way you do business.
Equal Opportunity Employer