The Role: Senior Reserving P&C Director
LOB: ICT Consulting
Practice: P&C Insurance
“In this role, your primary responsibility will be the contribution in managing the P&C reserving (local gaap, Solvency and IFRS17) and Capital Modelling projects in Italy. Using traditional and stochastic non-life actuarial reserving techniques and your hard skills on Solvency 2 and a good knowledge on IFRS17 topics, you will also provide pre-sales support to our local leaders.”
Contribute to the successful
- reserving project using our leading Reserving tool (aka ResQ family)
- capital management and planning project using IGLOO
- Contribute to the preparation of result documentation, reports etc. ready for final review by the Project leads
- Seek and participate in key learning and development opportunities, including SW trainings on WTW actuarial software
- Deliver attributed project tasks that meet or exceed client expectation
- Reserving - Project management
- Build strong relationships both internally and with client points of contact
- Demonstrate natural ease and effectiveness when dealing with clients/colleagues at all levels
- Contribute to the sales and marketing efforts by contributing to the drafting of proposals, presentations and responding to RFPs, and contributing to the preparation of budget estimates
- Support our Client Relation Directors in account management work, by supporting in preparing client plans, preparing internal and external support material, etc.
- Meet billable hours targets
- Meet sales target (supporting the Sales Leader and the CRMs)
- Have a strong actuarial, statistical and finance background (Reserving, Planning and Capital Management - Project management)
- Have an IFRS17 knowledge is an element of preference
- Have at least 12 years’ experience within the general insurance industry (Corporate or Consulting)
- Have strong software skills (e.g. SAS, R, Python, Microsoft Office, VBA and ideally Willis Towers Watson Reserving software suite)
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the motivation and development of teams
- Proficient English language skills – minimum C1 Level
- Additional language skills are an element of preference
- A track record in understanding client issues and creating new solutions to meet their needs
- Strong ability to interact with clients including those who operate across multiple jurisdictions
- A proven track record of defining and driving the delivery of large, complex client projects
- Demonstrated the suite of skills to manage a complex business within defined targets and parameters
- Financial acumen to deliver on revenue growth and operating margin targets.
- Ability to work effectively across consulting and technology teams for the best client and ICT outcomes.
“Belonging to protected category as per Law 68/99 is the preferred lane”
“We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson”
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer:
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.