Our work touches the lives of millions of people. We are dedicated to helping our clients deliver an excellent experience to the members of their pension schemes. This is an exciting opportunity to join Technology and Administration Solutions (TAS) GB, as a Business Analyst within the Business Solutions function in TAS Technology.
You will be working as a Senior Business Analyst responsible for gathering of business requirements for assigned complex projects. A high level of analysis expertise is required with a hands-on approach to undertaking the Business Analyst role.
You will be joining a large team with diverse skills and experience, the job requires a motivated
individual who is experienced in taking responsibility, who can independently deliver results on
both a generic product level as well as client specific projects.
- Elicits requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirement workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, task and workflow analysis.
- Analyses proposed new initiatives assigned by the Business Analyst Lead with production of cost benefit analysis documents including the gathering of estimates for said initiative.
- Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high level information into details, abstract up from low level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicates and collaborates with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artefacts as needed: Project Request Form, Business Requirements Document and Use cases.
- Successfully engages in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Works independently with users under the guidance of team leaders to define concepts and under directions of project managers and/or scrum masters.
- Assists in the Delivery of End user training for new initiatives ensuring the users understand the functionality and know how to use it.
- Contributes to team innovation activities, requested prototyping or research and development activities.
- Understands the product vision and business needs for a successful, low-defect, on-time product release.
- Works in a collaborative manner within a high-pressure environment to develop key relationships
- Builds and supports a culture of trust and transparency where collaboration is fostered within the Scrum teams and with the Program and Product Managers to work towards a common business goal.
- Supports team members across geographical locations.
- Manages any risks and issues associated to the initiative.
- Takes a proactive interest in Community of Practice for their own continual learning
- Helps support the BA Community of Practice, knowledge sharing sessions, lunch & learn and
other learning sessions.
- A Bachelor's/College Degree would be beneficial and extensive and of experience in a technology related discipline, such as IT or Engineering is required
- 12 years minimum experience in business analysis focused on product delivery and development
- Preferably has pensions and/or financials background
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Some knowledge of a range of project and system delivery methodologies.
- Some knowledge or experience with various process improvement methodologies.
- Flexible and “can do” approach.
- Organizational abilities and flexibility to work in a performance driven environment managing multiple project priorities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a global and diverse group, client managers and subject matter experts.
- Ability to influence, network and collaborate with stakeholders.
- Works with minimal supervision.
- Analyses proposed new initiatives in a timely manner using the company’s vision and goals as a reference point.
- Manages the production of Business Requirements Documents and other related Business Analysis documents, ensuring that the requirements gathered tie back to the scope and objectives of the approved initiatives/projects.
- Self-organized and applies cross-functional competencies to create high-value products.
- Pursues continual growth related to the business domain within the respective line of business.
- Embraces and continuously improves analysis knowledge and skills.
- Works towards improving quality during all stages of software development.
Equal Opportunity Employer