Our engineering team has built the largest private Medicare marketplace in the country. We passionately focus on the continuous improvement of the systems we build and the culture we promote. We build a platform that provides the best possible support to our customers who are shopping for insurance, and where our insurance carriers can be confident that their products are accurately and impartially represented.
As an Engineer within the Funding Product Family, you will play a critical role helping your team in all aspects of the design, development, and delivery of back and front-end systems for our funding platform that meet the needs of our customers and adapt to market changes. You will report directly to the Product Family Leader. A passion for continuous improvement, continuous delivery, SOLID architecture, and a background in building scalable solutions for highly-transactional systems are required.
You will be a leader and mentor to others, a practicing advocate of best practices, and an active coach and team player across our organization. You must thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment, helping teams experiment without compromise to the core needs of our business. You will manage your teams while interacting with many others, so excellent interpersonal and communication skills are a must.
You will liase between the software development group and business units for the development and implementation of new systems and enhancement of existing systems. You will evaluate new applications, technologies and identify systems requirements, along with new IT/software developments and evolving business requirements. You will recommend appropriate systems/software alternatives and/or enhancements to current ones and prepare communications to the relevant technical and business teams and present on system enhancements and/or alternatives.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Explore new ways of improving communication within a cross-functional team
- Promote inclusion and collaboration between various functional disciplines
- Be comfortable sharing ideas and be open to feedback
- Encourage and inspire others to innovate
- Look for new ways to improve our processes and product quality
- Flexible work schedule
- Supportive of contributing to open source software
- Be an active participant in our Agile/Scrum discussions
- Contribute to the culture and attitude of the team in an optimistic, proactive, and encouraging direction
- Foster an environment where it is safe to fail and to learn from failure
- Actively mentor peers, developing their expertise and inspiring others to innovate
- 3-5+ years of hands-on experience with a majority of the following technologies, along with a
willingness to become proficient in the remaining areas:
- C#, .NET Framework, and .NET Core
- ASP.NET Core
- HTML and CSS
- React or other client-side frameworks
- SQL and database design
- git or other source control
- Proficiency, high-comfort, and familiarity with:
- Unit and integration testing
- Developing web applications and services
- Software design principles
- Code reviews
- Managing technical debt
- Process and task automation
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field strongly preferred; high school diploma required.