- As a Software architect, you will play a key role in the evaluation and recommendation of various tools, processes, methods and products to build reliable, scalable and high-performing, enterprise class solutions for the business.
- While this role primarily involves strategy, review, recommendation and design of initial and evolving architectures, involvement in certain aspects of the SDLC may be needed to help overcome issues or obstacles that were not addressed in the initial architecture and to ensure the engineering team is implementing the development patterns, overall architecture and models as originally designed. Further involvement would be required to help the engineering team augment the initial design and architecture as needed to meet changing business requirements.
- This role is strategic and planning/design in nature and engagement/project based, meaning you will be working on a variety of different projects with the T&R Operations group and not in one specific business or application based area. The software architect will be required to analyze an array of product offerings and business requirements within the organization. You will work with the product development teams (e.g. engineering, product managers and analysts) to evaluate and identify solutions that meet the needs of the business, utilizing industry standard best practices and creative design techniques to overcome complex business and technical challenges (e.g. maximum performance with complex data sets). Some additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Help articulate business requirements associated with projects; develop and gain buy-in for high-level designs (Conceptual Architecture) that support the business requirements
- Create detailed end-to-end architecture that entail the following elements: System Architecture, Application Architecture, Infrastructure Architecture, Security Architecture, Enterprise Application Integration, Microservice Oriented Architectures, and Business Process Management
- Provide architecture leadership and mentor projects consisting of employees and outside contractors
- Conduct design reviews, code reviews, progress reviews and other project specific governance
- Participate in the development of Information Technology Strategies and Roadmaps in support of the business strategies
- Help in establishing architecture and application development standards and best practices
- Participle in the evaluation of emerging technology and tools
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of related development experience.
- Experienced developer strong programming skills using Microsoft technology stack - .NET Core, ASP.NET, Entity Framework Core, MS SQL Server.
- Web Platform and Technologies. REST APIs, Angular, TypeScript, Bootstrap and CSS.
- Experience and knowledge on Azure Technologies
- Experience on Architecture concepts such as Microservices, Caching, Logging, Distributed Applications, Multi-tenancy, Performance and Scaling, Security, Cloud Patterns
- SQL development experience (TSQL, reports, performance tuning and optimizations).
- Experience working with large relational databases.
- Experience managing/leading a team of technical developers.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills, including the ability to research, design, and write new documentation, as well as to maintain and improve existing material
- Some functional knowledge in one or more of the following areas is a PLUS: Talent Management Systems, HR Self-Service, HR Shared Services, HRIS/Payroll, Health & Welfare Administration or Pension Administration, HR Survey systems
- Some travel may be required
Equal Opportunity Employer